[POLL] FAO: people annoyed about 8 inserts limitation

Wow! What are you guys doing to need more than 8 FX in a chain? It’s not so many years ago that the entire mix might have 8 FX applied to it! :slight_smile: I assume it’s not just tracking and processing, cos if I needed more than 8 FX in a chain, I’d be retracking to eliminate a poor take. “You can’t polish a turd…” and all that… :slight_smile:

So what are you guys producing?

Can you not simply chain a channel to 1 or more FX or Group channels in series with Direct Routing to get unlimited inserts? I know this works cos I have tested it. Yes its a bit cumbersome and error prone having more than one fader for each actual track, but it works, and is available right now. I accept that if you really do need more than 8 on a regular basis then the hard coded limitation would be a bit frustrating.

I recently put in a change request to Steinberg to optionally not show the faders in MixConsole 1, 2 and 3. This would be quite beneficial to someone using 8+ inserts on a second/third/fourth monitor by freeing up desktop space to show all your inserts. Those who want lots of inserts might want to put their +1 to the thread I started here:

Regards,