Change midi channel with expression maps?

If this is an ability you need in your workflow NOW, there are some third party ‘work arounds’ using third party utilities.

I personally use Bidule, which loads as a VST instrument in Dorico (Must add to WhiteList) and acts like a host within’ a host. It allows me to merge multiple plugins into ‘one plugin’ in Dorico. I.E. I can build a single instrument using various elements from HALion, ARIA, EW, SONiVOX, Vienna, and Kontakt players, as if it were all one seamless instrument.

From there I could use a Bidule that would use my choice of CC Events, Key Switches, or Program Changes to force the ‘channel bounce’. It’s pretty neat to have the ability to mix and mesh all my VST2, VST3, and AU plugins into a single instrument of sorts. This also buys me the ability to convert MIDI Events into ‘VST Automation’ that Dorico does not yet support (Quite a few FX plugins can’t be automated via MIDI, but they can via VST. Bidule allows one to build a bridge that would ‘convert’ MIDI events into VST Automation events). I also get the ability to fully monitor, transform, and forward MIDI pretty much anywhere I like (Including external MIDI Keyboards/Tone Generators like my Roland XR). It’s also possible to set up rtpMIDI and reStream in order to host instruments on other computers (Of course you’ll need plugin licenses on the remote machine, and would need to do audio renderings in real time under such a multi-PC setup).

Bidule is a truly remarkable plugin of which I can’t even begin to list all the possibilities here. This plugin has ended up being my ultimate “Swiss Army Knife” plugin. It chains, transforms, automates, records, plays back, and much more.

Bidule probably isn’t the only option out there for chaining plugins/hardware and transforming MIDI/Audio.
Try a web search for “VSTi Chainer”.
I have no experience with any of these titles, but some of these examples might be worth a try:
Vienna Ensemble Pro
Blue Cat’s Patchwork
MetaPlugin