Day 1 Newbie Very Frustrated

First of all, thank you all so much for trying to fix this problem. I know you are a finite group and have MANY more important things to work on.

I have a IT background, albeit not in the bits and bytes / drivers / ports arena. However, perhaps I can share some pics and tell you some more things that may help determine what the issue is or is NOT.

When you mentioned DockHpOut, I slapped my forehead. Since first “losing” the sound output, I hadn’t bothered plugging in the headphones. On my computer, the internal speakers are hot, unless the headphones are plugged in, in which case the sound comes through the phones. This is pretty standard behaviour I think. But I thought perhaps it’s ONLY going to the Hp jack. I used the headphones in eager anticipation, only to be disappointed. No sound. But all subsequent tests will use both. Of course, ultimately, I will want to be able to use speakers or phones at will.

Capture1.png shows the ASIO4ALL control panel. At some point I’ve tried various different combinations of the 4 lines being active (DockHpOut, et al). I’ve also tried going back to defaults. All to know avail. Are the rest of the tick boxes correct (allow pull mode disabled etc)?

In part of the FAQ, Daniel mentioned opening the HALion Sonic SE Mixer. Capture2.png shows this. I can “play” notes on the keyboard, watch the meters jump, etc. but no sound. I even loaded another voice. No change.

The name DockHpOut is a new name for me. I had never seen it before. It makes sense, but it was a new title. I opened Device Manager (Capture3.png) and didn’t see the name. The 2 expanded sections show all the “devices” associated with sound. I clicked on each one and they all say device is working properly, etc. Of course, I do still get sound on other pgms.

I’m happy to try other things if you give me a list.

I balk at this “solution” whenever tech support suggests it, but is there any point/hope in uninstalling Dorico and re-installing? I really REALLY do not want to put my computer back to factory reset state, but I’m willing to uninstall, clean the registry, reinstall Dorico if that’s useful. I’ll need some instruction on that. I can do the uninstall fine (either your version or with RevoUninstaller’s help) but uninstalls often don’t really get rid of everything.

Also, will that deleted my projects? I’ve started a couple just to play with the interface, even though I can’t hear it! :wink:

Also, will this affect my 30 day trial? Oh, does the fact that it IS a 30day trial have any bearing?

Please let me know how else I can help, and thanks again for spending the time with me.

David