Recording an orchestra

A few more questions are occurring to me, if anyone can advise.

1. Do you stop and save the recorded tracks after each number or do you just let it run? I’m on a laptop, and who knows what might make it crash. It never has crashed on me, but my laptop is quite old, running XP, and Cubase 6. I know, it’s due for replacement, but it’s been solid as a rock for recording my band using 8 tracks at once. It has dual disk drives. I think Cubase is doing autosaves along the way.

2. Processing - I’m thinking basically normalizing, maybe a little reverb if the recording is dry, and equalization to taste. I’m used to recording my band (and I’m pretty happy with it), and I process the crap out of it, so this should be a lot simpler. But maybe it’s standard to do some light compression so that a wild cymbal hit or someone screaming “bravo” just behind the mics doesn’t lower the level of the whole thing?

3. Presentation - do you give the organization the raw concert from beginning to end? I’m thinking not; I’ll break it into pieces but not down to movements. I’ll capture any conductor comments, and fade out on the applause. If I get decent video, I’ll apply the Cubase audio to the video in Sony Movie Studio, and add a few labels. And I guess nobody will listen to the audio only; they’ll post the video on YouTube, and that’s the final product!