[SOLVED] Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue after iOS update 10.3.1

Hi Guys, any luck with that? I unfortunately updated my iOS today (didn’t expect IC Pro will just stop working) - and now I stuck with my recording session as I get used to this app
Cheers

Soooo…frustrating! Apple nags me to update my iPad, so I do, and then the device is useless for why I own it…Cubase IC Pro! It is a very important part of my studio workflow for tracking. Hope it doesn’t take long to resolve.

Why isn’t Steinberg testing this on beta iPad releases before we get knocked out of balance by an update?

Ohh noo :open_mouth:
A few years back i finaly got myself a android tablet, just to find out the android app has been pulled…
Today i’m waiting for my first ipad to arrive… i was searching the itunes store for the ic pro app, to find out about this… i surely hope this wil be resolved soon… :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s absolutely annoying to have paid for sth you can’t use at all. Not even a workaround is in sight.

Time to add a wired conncrtion to USB!!

Not all users need to walk around the house and control CB…

Much more robust.

Is it possible to downgrade IOS to 10.3.0?

No unfortunately not.

And for us who doesn’t have it on our new devices it won’t help cause it’s not even available in the App Store :confused:

Hi Lars,
Any News on this?
Is it allready confirmed by Apple that it is indeed their fault?
A time frame?

Thanks in advance for keeping us up to date.
Marco

Hi Marco,

Apple is aware about the issue, which has been reported by others as well.
As of yet we’re not aware of a date when Apple plans to solve the issue.

Best,
Lars

IoS 10.3.2 is in its 5th Beta, apparently. However, I have no idea what fixes it addresses, including wifi problems.

Have just updated to 10.3.2 and it is still not working.

:cry:

More than six weeks since it broke.
I cannot use your software I paid for at all, Ms. & Mr. Steinberg.
What about a refund?

My deepest respect to the Steinberg struggle to keep Apple moving… I don’t think that this will lead to any success soon. Which benefit has Apple from this? If it don’t makes iOS more secure or they can earn money with it, I don’t think they will move an inch… :unamused:

I obviously don’t know the ins and outs of the issue, but rather than wait for Apple to modify its iOS, perhaps Steinberg should consider modifying iC PRO to make IT compatible with the new iOS :question:

Something needs to be done. And let’s not forget that Steinberg’s own VCA features render iC PRO inoperable if a VCA fader is present in a project!

What a mess.

I installed iOS 10.3.2 right now. So when will iC Pro available in AppStore again?
Thanks.
Kessi

Apparently the ios problem is now fixed!

Now lets hope the VCA issue will now be fixed soon too.

See link:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=115377&p=639810#p639810

Lars,

Just installed 10.3.2 and still have the same symptoms.

About 70% of the time it simply doesn’t connect. 30% of the time it briefly looks like it’s going to work, sometimes launching the UI and then immediately shutting back down and returning to the connect prompt. Here’s what I’ve tried, in order.

Install 10.3.2
Reboot iPad
Attempt connection via ComputerName@Cubase
Attempt connection via IP address
No joy.
Reboot computer
Reboot iPad
No joy.
Reboot router
Reboot computer
Reboot iPad
No joy.

Results were the same in all cases.

With respect, I would encourage the developers to consider internal issues instead of / in addition to iOS 10.3. I say this because I also have a Yamaha TF5 mixer, and use the StageMix and MonitorMix iPad apps on the same iPad.

Both Yamaha apps have had no trouble connecting to the mixer regardless of iOS version. The iPad can clearly connect via the wireless network to other devices on my network, so perhaps there are some differences in the way the Cubase app is coded that contributes to the problem, with iOS merely making matters more noticeable.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part, but I thought the results with the Yamaha TF apps might be a useful data point for the devs to consider since 10.3 didn’t break them.

As always, would be grateful for any insights you can offer.

Thanks!

Do you have a link to that discussion?

Yes, see below.

Lars Slovak has confirmed that this is an issue but is unable to give any indication as to when it will be fixed. When VCA support was added in the last iC Pro update (over a year ago) the job was only half done. For me, the main reason to use iC Pro is to allow musicians to set up their own cue mixes, but as this no longer works if I have the temerity to use the much hyped and badly designed VCA features in Nuendo, the app is as good as useless.