9.0.20 experience so far?

I wouldn’t say it looks like an ad, it’s just naive. I’m sure many of us have had experiences with very stable systems over the years. Doesn’t mean others won’t run into major problems along the way…as I’m sure you’ll experience in the future.

If the software was rock solid, then bug fixes wouldn’t be required. And we’ve already seen major bugs reported / fixed other C9 lifespan already. The bug surrounding i7 Extreme / Xeon setups is already posted as sticky in this forum regarding 9.0.2 & Win 10. No surprise it doesn’t apply to you, because you’re running a pretty modest computer where this bug doesn’t apply. Some of us that are running much more elaborate setups, with stronger / complicated machines, will run into MUCH different problems than you. Same goes for those having to run certain older programs for legacy support will have any number of issues to deal with.

So, as usual on the internet, you have to remind people that the world isn’t just made for just you. Cubase is running on 1000s of machines, with 1000s of different variables - this is the nature of the beast. What works brilliantly for you, may not work for someone else - regardless of their technical wizardy. Bugs are bugs. They exist and are fixed routinely for a reason. And unless you’re coding Windows and designing all the hardware / drivers from scratch, you have absolutely no idea what kind of problems another user may run into.

Reducing other peoples problems down to lack of technical knowhow may be appropriate in some cases, but not all. No amount of god like computer skills is going to remedy major legitimate conflicts between OS, Cubase, various hardware / driver / 3rd party software setups. As I said before, if that was the case, bug fixes wouldn’t be required.

As posted above, reinstalled OS on test machine, only running Win 10 + Cubase 9.0.2 and working 99% flawless so far. Still sticking to 8.5 on main machine, as it’s silly to run your main setup on completely brand new untested software and expect not to have problems.