Annual Request: Do NOT Activate Project When Closing Project

Sadly, I was fired right before the mind-reading beta cycle back in 2005. :smiley:

—JC

My annual +1 for this :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

And what REALLY makes me APOPLECTIC? I’m about 100% sure it would take the dev 5 minutes to implement this feature. I mean what’s to do.

if ( pref )
load_project() // current code behaviour
else
// do_nothing

… I mean… WHAT’S TO DO?

+1

It would be more helpful to have a preference option to 1) do nothing and let me select which project to make active, 2) activate the last opened project. I agree. Not activating the previously active project would be a better default.

+1

+1
This would be nice!

Absolutely +1

Such an option would be really convenient.
I lost a lot of time because of this.

+1

+1

I think the workaround is to never close a project, just keep opening new ones? I can’t imagine that ends well during long sessions, however …

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 drives me nuts too…

+1

+1 2019

This is the single most annoying thing that makes me want to die every time it happens. People complain about accidentally clicking the loop on and off but it’s nothing compared to closing a project and forgetting you had another one loaded or even worse, it reverts to the 1 you didn’t want. The sense of dread, the NOOO! as you await the load bar you had no desire to finish.

PLEASE STEINBERG REMOVE THE AUTO ACTIVATION OF UNDERLYING PROJECT.

Make it do nothing… we can then simply click the activation or x, of what ever we require.

The -really- frustrating thing?

There is a backlog of about 50 requests like this… requests that a decent developer could knock out in a couple of days… that go untouched for TEN YEARS.