Cubase 9.0.20 CPU spikes | 8.5 is fine

Hi,

My System: i7 6700k, 16gb ram, SSD drive and Windows 10 64bit.

starting two clean empty projects, one time in 8.5 the other in 9.0.20 - same system.
adding one track with a vst 64bit synth (xfer serum)
start playing notes

behaviour 1 in 9.0.20: cpu spikes which lead to stutter in sound

behaviour 2 in 8.5: everythings fine

same system, same synth, same preset.
9.0.20 has some serious issues - I hope Steinberg already knows them.
As a technical consultant I offered Steinberg MANY times to be a beta tester to help them out, but they are just ignorant.
So my feelings for Cubase fall from day to day, as I cant use version 9 since release (first the audio warp issue which is a biggie for me… now this cpu spikes…)

I have a similar issue, when working on (any) project, every 5-10 minutes the screen freezes for about 2-3 seconds. No audible glitches, but its extremely annoying when editing audio or midi track during playback.

Do you have Plugins from Plugin Alliance used in this project?

I’m having a similar issue. And my computer is similarly equipped. What gives? I pulled up an empty project last night to play around with the Simon Phillips Groove Agent set and a couple of Waves plugins I just got and the CPU meter was sitting at about 1/3 to 1/2. I had some slight glitching.

I’m having audio warp issues…have you found a resolution? Overview…I do warping…looks ok - sounds wrong and bounces/exports wrong. I’ve checked to make sure warping markers aren’t too close…What am I doing wrong - or is it a Cubase tech bug…gee I hope someone can help