Chord symbols in Dorico 1.1

Unfortunately total perfection has not been possible to achieve just yet. But I would suggest that you don’t write off Dorico’s chord symbol support before you’ve even seen it.

What has been implemented is significantly more sophisticated than what is possible in other scoring applications, although we have not been able to cover every possible requirement: other notable omissions are a means to display different, possibly simplified, chord symbols on another staff automatically – though this is possible using a similar approach to that I described to you for showing two rows of chord symbols – support for capo chords, and support for guitar chord diagrams in general.

But the good news is that Dorico 1.1 is not going to be the last ever version of Dorico we release, and although I cannot promise that we will continue to devote the majority of our development time to chord symbols in the update immediately following the release of Dorico 1.1, you can be sure that we will continue to work on the feature until we eventually have every reasonable requirement covered.