[SOLVED] News update: Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue

This has been broken for some time now and is really annoying as I paid for this app. Surely this can be fixed by doing something with the App? What is Apples position on this and when do they say it will be fixed instead of it might be fixed in the next version. This tells us nothing

I would say that it would be in Steinberg’s interest to continue development as Avid has a fully featured IOS App that looks quite impressive. That being said, IC Pro looked impressive as well but the fact that I have never gotten it to work and see its full capability has me wondering. I think Steinberg needs to continue IC Pro as a means to stay competitive with Avid. The hint that they are hoping it is fixed for them sounds discouraging. I for one would hope that further implementation would be expanded so that it could be utilized with say the new Avid S3 Dock, with that function, I would really like to get an S3 and the S3 Dock but if there isn’t an IOS app supporting it then there is no use.

I had been using iC Pro until a few months or so ago when it stopped working. CUBASE: get it together, fix this app, would you please?

Anyone try Pro Tools Control? I was just looking at the avid pro tools dock and it said on thier website that it’s supposed to be compatible with Cubase and nuendo.

Yes. I just had it running with C9 on my PC. I was just curious and tried it out. I don’t need remote control so badly that I can’t wait for iC Pro to be fixed so I will probably uninstall the EUConl, etc. I didn’t fool around with it much but it seems to have similar features to iC Pro.

It took me a few minutes and a bit of reading but I have now installed and am using EUCon with the App on my iPAD. It basically gives me back remote control which is what I wanted and a whole lot more. Steinberg sort your act out. It’s crazy that Avid can give us a working App for nothing and you can’t. It seems to be a habit just dropping things without further development. If I didn’t collaborate with other Cubase users and have so much invested I would be tempted to drop it altogether.

What version of Windows are you running? I looked into this but it requires installation f EUCon on the Cubase computer. That might be fine, but I’m always very paranoid when it comes to installations / updates on my DAW box because, well, Murphy’s Law.

Were there any adventures in the installation of EUCon, or incompatibilities / conflicts with other software on your computer once installed?

Is this issue limited to just iPads since I can connect without any problems using my iPhone 6S+ running 10.3.2. Fortunately I haven’t upgraded my iPad Pro which is still running 10.2.1.

It all seemed to go quite smoothly. The EUCon software is for all sorts of PT controllers so I’m guessing is well designed so it doesn’t cause problems. So far so good for me with nothing broken

My Phone a iPhone 7 worked on the new software for a while then just stopped working the same as my iPad. Probably best to stay on what works depending what’s important to you.

What is annoying is that Steinberg seem to pay someone to create plugins/apps then abandon them instead of updating. I’ve seen this with LM4 and Virtual Guitar. Both could have been updated and cross upgrades offered. Apart from the major programs I would never buy a Steinberg plugin or app again as they just can’t be trusted to carry on supporting them.

Just to be clear, both your iPhone & iPad worked with ICPRO/Cubase 9 on the latest iOS version 10.3.2 BUT then suddenly stopped working afterwards without any further changes to your system(s)?

Thanks, man. The Cubase app is obviously abandonware so even if Apple releases an iOS patch that fixes it, it can easily break on the next version.

At this point abandonment sounds like a sensible plan all around, so I’m moving on to other solutions and will chalk this off as a learning experience - never buy another mobile app from SB.

[edit]
Well, so much for Pro Tools Control. EUCon doesn’t support Windows 7.

At this point I think I’m just going to split a monitor in the live room and use a wireless mouse and keyboard for the desktop DAW.
[/edit]

Hoping 10.3.3 fixes this issue and the results are available in time as I don’t plan to upgrade to iOS 11 on my device.
(Dropping support for 32-bit Apps being the main reason as I don’t want to lose access to some golden oldies!)

I have never downloaded any version of this App, but these features are something I was looking into and now I want in! I’m wondering, if I try the Beta of iOS 11 will it be available for download, or am I out of luck now.

Hi all,

Our testings with Apple’s official iOS 10.3.3 release are positive so far, and their update solves the iC Pro connectivity issue.
Please expect an official news update from us in a few days.

Best,
Lars

Yes it works again with 10.3.3 on my iPad Pro.

GREAT!

10.3.3 works fine on my iPad 2.

I’ve just updated my iPad to 10.3.3 and can confirm the fix in my environment.

While I’m glad to see it working again, I couldn’t wait around for a solution. I’ve mirrored my monitor output to run an additional one in the live room, and just use a wireless keyboard and mouse to control Cubase. I can’t live in fear of iOS updates breaking things my studio depends on if the company I bought it from isn’t keeping it up to date with bug fixes.

For those who don’t have this app and are considering a purchase, I would strongly advise finding a different solution.

I’m a big fan of Cubase and continue to upgrade. However, since the IC Pro app is no longer being maintained, it simply can’t be trusted as a reliable part of a production environment. The next time an iOS update breaks it (not an unreasonable scenario) you could be down for yet another three months, waiting on multiple versions of the OS, and hoping each time that Apple fixes the problems. If Apple hadn’t decided to address this in a new iOS version (also not an unreasonable scenario), it would simply be money down the drain.