Key Editor: Edit CCs & vel on multiple tracks simultaneously

Hey guys, relatively new to Cubase so I may be missing something. I’d like to be able to edit the velocities of multiple midi tracks in the note editor but it doesn’t seem to work. My process is:

• Create a folder track with several midi tracks under it and record
  • Bring up the note editor from the folder track
  • edit

If I edit note lengths it works fine (editing all the tracks at once) but if I edit velocities it only works on the selected track, even though I have multiple midi tracks open in the editor. “Edit Active Part only” is off (and I’ve tried playing with this).

Am I missing something?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

When you do so in the Controller Line, then it’s applied for the “Active MIDI Event” only. But when you change the VOlume in the Info View, then it’s applied to all selected MIDI Events.

THe reason is, Controller Lane can show MIDI data of one part only.

Edit velocity of multiple midi tracks in Key Editor (Piano Roll): Even pro tools has this feature. I think it is about time that Cubase catches up.

+1 I agree. We have a cool and precise way of adjusting multiple items in the Controller lane (e.g. we can create a crescendo with the Tilt corner adjustments), but even though one selects all midi events it’ll only operate on one single midi part. Bit of a pity. This would be most useful for adding dynamics to multiple orchestra instruments at the same time.

Mike.

+1 – it would be very useful.

+1

+1

+1 these are the small things that would make our life a lot easiar (not vst gui remake)

in the same way, and I think that the two processes are linked, we could (in cubase 7), in the midi editor window, listen in solo one of the midi containers within a selection of several midi containers.
It does not seem possible anymore, it slowed down my workflow.
When using the divisi technique (for ex strings one midi track = 1st vl, another = 2nd vl …) or doing layering, this function is very useful.

Hi,

Why it’s not possible? What can you see in the drop-down menu of the currently selected MIDI Parts? Here you should be able to select the one you want to edit. The same way, as it was in Cubase 7.

The point is you want to be able to edit multiple cc’s from different parts at the same time, just as you can with midi notes.

a +1 for me too

There’s one workaround, which is to use note expression.

I would love to have this feature too!!
My workaround is to use the logical editor:
Filter target Type
Condition: Equal
Parameter 1: Note
Action Target: Value 2
Operation: multiply
Parameter 1: 0.5 to halve or 1.2 to raise 20% …

Could you please describe this detailed? Maybe yours is much easier?

I can’t remember what I was thinking then. But I think whatever it was was wrong! :blush:

Hi Folks,

Is it possible now?
Being able to edit multiple midi CC events for selected midi tracks at once would be great. Reaper has it.

Hi,

You can edit multiple MIDI CCs for selected track at once, but you can’t edit MIDI CCs of multiple tracks at once.

How do you edit multiple MIDI CCs for selected track at once?

I guess, I know how to do this for modulation for multiple midi/instrument tracks at the same time.

Hi,

I’m sorry, bad wording…

You can show multiple MIDI CCs at once and then you can edit them one by one on a one view. But you cannot draw two curves at the same time.

It is OK. I was actually very surprised.