What's wrong in the world of notation softwares?

"So, this is my tought on the notation software market, and sadly I can only conclude that there will probably never be a real decent software for those who don’t limit themselves to orchestral music. "
DT-Sodium, I read your post - and I think the reason why Dorico still is missing several things some of us had hoped to see in the initial version is that they’re beginning a new project and want to start each of the various functions that need to be in there the right way. So things take time. Also, it’s so far mainly aimed at engravers, it seems - not composing, or making educational material, or making mockups which require a good workflow for CC automation, and not for making piano music… and so on. But I thing that the UI in many ways is good. In other ways it’s very… old fashioned; simple things need a lot of steps to execute, one need to memorise many key commands (and they are cumbersome to reassign) - and so on.

I disagree that if someone suggest that program XYX in many ways is better, just use that instead - because the reason some of us has started to use Dorico is that we want something which has the goodies the competition has: only with a better UI and with the extra functionality that never was implemented in program XYZ. And IMHO, "it’s not a DAW’ isn’t a valid argument either: I guess we all would prefer a DAW with a 100% pro score editor (or a pro score editor with the stuff we have used DAW for in the past, as part of that score editor).

One day some company (all relevant companies) will make a DAW/Score editor combo with a transparent UI and a minimal need to search up how things should be done, because it already is implemented in the easiest possible way (and in ways people expect things to be implemented). Will Steinberg be the first company to release such a product? I have no idea. But with Dorico’s good fundament (I say this even if feel that there are areas in the UI which are counter-intuitive), Dorico could develop into a brilliant all-in-one solution.

“So Dorico is made to write classical music only ?” If it helps, there are certainly shortcomings for work with classical music as well. I expect it to take maybe another year (or two) before Dorico has real time MIDI recording, or commands needed for composing/editing piano music, at least on the level Sibelius had. But when I bought Dorico, I was prepared for that.

If you generally think that there’s something wrong with “the world of notation software”, I wouldn’t have stated it that way. But there are really many things that could have been implemented in a much easier way. (And also a number of users who don’t expect new and innovative solutions - or a workflow which requires a lot less clicking, manual reading and so on. Nevertheless, they key is IMO - patience.