Windows update and LCC

Windows 10 did a major update on my computer today and when restarting Dorico I received the message: “Soft-eLicenser doesn’t have enought [sic] permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem.” When dismissed, the splash screen appeared, followed by the same message. A second dismissal resulted in Dorico appearing to run as usual. However, I did run LCC and the message now no longer appears. Perhaps the spelling might be corrected, however, when time permits! :slight_smile:

David

Thanks, I believe that error message is in the eLicenser Control Center rather than in Dorico, but I’ll pass your report on to the eLicenser team.

I am having a similar problem. Running Cubase 5 subsequent to my Windows 10 upgrade on an HP desktop, I get the same “Soft-eLicenser doesn’t have enought permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem.” When I click “OK,” the program comes up normally.

No harm, no foul, I guess. But I suppose I should run LCC, and I don’t remember how! Can you point me in the right direction please?

Hi,

please have a look here:

Cheers,
Jochen

This has been happening for me.
If you follow the following it should work.

Launch lcc as an administrator, this then allows lcc to run maintenance and then Dorico will open correctly.

Might take a couple of attempts.

Paul

I have mostly the same (minor since Dorico starts OK with the dongle) problems. My variant is that the eLicenser maintenance stops with the message “The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer seems to be altered in an unalterable way.” The other minor variant is that the two original messages have “eLiceneser”. At this stage I give and live with the bug of two extra clicks pre load.

At present I am using only the basic Dorico without playback or the option of exporting audio. Shall I need the Soft-eLicenser when I instal the extras that I need fo this?

Have you tried reinstalling the eLicense Control Center? You can get just the installer for that at this site: https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html

And regarding playback or audio export, no, you don’t need the Soft eLicenser for it. This is all covered by the one Dorico license that you have on your dongle now.