What's wrong in the world of notation softwares?

I’m not really thinking of “a pro score editor bundled with a DAW”, Rob. I’d rather forget those terms. I want a program that is optimised for both notation, composition and mixing/arranging, as opposed to have to rely on 2 or 3 programs for those tasks - with different workflows, non-identical sets of key commands and so on. But it would have to have a really non-cluttered UI, where I don’t need to look at all the stuff I don’t need to look at unless when I need this stuff.

At the moment it seems that Sibelius is best for composing, Logic and Cubase are the best overall DAWs, and Dorico - when it is more finished than today - will become the best score app. There are ways to implement a lot of functionality to a music program without a lot of clutter and tons of menu items and icons all over the place. And again, please try to imagine that we aren’t thinking of “DAWs” and “notation programs” as two separate things, but rather think of what we need to do with the software we use to compose/notate and mix music, and see if there are any good or valid reasons for splitting up this functionality across two or more apps. Price matters of course, but most - if not all - people I know who use a score editor also has at least one DAW. And with that in mind, I’d rather see a unified tool to handle all my music needs: composition, organising my musical ideas, notation, arranging and mixing than what I have now: this functionality spread over 3 or 4 apps.