What's wrong in the world of notation softwares?

I personally love your thinking, FlowerPower, especially as a composer myself who routinely does extensive mockups in Logic for clients but then ultimately has to go through the painstaking and absurdly antiquated step of exporting as MIDI into (currently) Sibelius to produce a proper score for others to subsequently play. What you described, to me, is truly the “holy grail” of DAW/notation integration - this is one of the reasons that I became obsessed, for a time, with Overture, which was clearly attempting to do that even many years ago (although they never produced a suitably robust notation engine). It always seemed like a no-brainer to me that in Overture, for example, you could press a button and immediately see piano roll notation superimposed on the existing notation, with midi controller editing lanes visible below and full plug-in integration, with your score’s playback based upon all this data versus a much less exact interpretation of dynamics symbols, etc. One can still hope (and Dorico is at least slowly on a road towards this path, it appears, even though I’m not as confident about the extent of DAW-like editing/playback that will ultimately be allowed)…

• dj