Roli & Halion

What do you mean it doesn’t work with bitwig? When you hit force mpe mode on a plugin in bitwig it rotates the midi channels of the clips starting with channel 2. So effectively it splits the notes per channel (for overlapping notes anyways). The bitwig method doesn’t store the midi channel that was originally played with each note but rotates the channels based on how many notes overlap, which has its own issues but works mostly.

I did demo it for a while and Halion did pitch each note separately even without forcing mpe, which was cool, but aftertouch didn’t work and I didn’t figure out how to modulate with cc74. After my demo expired I realized that Halion aftertouch is channel aftertouch and I must have had the instruments in channel 1 (if that’s the default?). Can you tell me how you use cc74 as a modulator though?

I will ask for another demo period but I had a frustrating experience trying to contact support and eventually gave up before. Also I am going to need to switch computers soon and might be a month or more without a computer at all due to traveling. So I might not demo again for a while.