HALion Sonic SE 3.0.15 Hotfix

Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the hotfix update versions 6.0.15 for HALion and 3.0.15 for HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE.

An issue has been resolved where Zones were played detuned with unison disabled, if a unison detune value was set.

Download HALion 6.0.15

Download HALion Sonic 3.0.15

Download HALion Sonic SE 3.0.15

Install fails here.
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 6.27.53 PM.png
Then I’m left with this pop up frozen:
Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 6.28.14 PM.jpg

No issues on Windows.

Could you please check if the download file size of the DMG is 802.718.508 bytes? If not, please download again.

This is what I have downloaded twice:

The download size is correct. The HALion Sonic SE update is about 800MB, but the HALion Sonic update is smaller. Did you try it with a system restart?

As a point of reference, Halion 6/Sonic/SE hot-fix updates all installed fine here. OS X Sierra (latest version).

Re booted. Same results.
I do have my vst sound folder on an external drive with a symbolic link.
Perhaps it has issues with that.
HS 3 always loads fine with all the sounds so the application is able to locate the vst sound folder on the external drive…but maybe the installer cannot?

It appears that the hotfix may break the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver…
I can’t get it to work since installing the hotfix. ASIO4ALL works though.

Pleased to report that the HSSE/3 hotfix for Windows installed without issue and, as far as I’ve observed, it seems the out-of-tune issues have been resolved.

Just wanted to bump this. Can anyone confirm that the Generic Lower Latency ASIO driver IS working for them after installing the HSSE hotfix?

The generic ASIO driver seems to be working fine here.

Thanks people from Steinberg for the Quick-Hot-Fix.

Most of the time I find a workaround with issues
but with this one I thought that all the music lovers had to know.

Thanks people from this forum for making some noise with me on this issue.

MMarni.

:smiley:

Hi people. I just downloaded and install Halion Sonic SE 3 in my PC with WIN 7 64bit. To this time i had Halion Sonic SE 2 which was installed with Cubase Elements 9. After install new version of Halion Sonic SE i have issue with open the Halion into the Cubase that mean - New wersion is not working. When I choose Halion into new Instrument track, Cubase not answer. I must add,that I have registered the New Halion via a eLicenser. Can you help me with this?

I was able to get the Generic Lower Latency ASIO Driver working… In case anyone else runs into the same problem here is what I did…
I uninstalled the GLLAD from the Control Panel. Strangely, Cubase, HALion Sonic, Kontakt, etc., and others still saw it and it actually worked now, but it just did not show up in the list of installed apps :confused: So, I reinstalled it from the HSSE Hotfix installer and from there on it is working fine.
Anyway, hope it helps someone.

For some reason, in Cubase 9 Pro upgrade, I only have Halion Sonic SE 2. I guess it remains from an earlier Cubase version. So to update to 3.0.15, can I just download and install the current update or do I have to got through the process mentioned on that page of submitting a request for a Serial Number and downloading some other file somewhere?

You have to install HS SE3 first of course. Use the same email address you used for your MySteinberg account.

It should be working. I’d try a first re-scanning the plug-ins, double check the folders you have used for the Instrument(s), make sure it is being scanned.

If, a re-scan doesn’t work, you might want to try resetting Cubase’s Preferences. Of course, check your audio interface/sound card connections and Project set-ups.

Is this rolled into the new CP 9.0.3 update?