[SOLVED] News update: Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue

I’ve just updated my iPad to 10.3.3 and can confirm the fix in my environment.

While I’m glad to see it working again, I couldn’t wait around for a solution. I’ve mirrored my monitor output to run an additional one in the live room, and just use a wireless keyboard and mouse to control Cubase. I can’t live in fear of iOS updates breaking things my studio depends on if the company I bought it from isn’t keeping it up to date with bug fixes.

For those who don’t have this app and are considering a purchase, I would strongly advise finding a different solution.

I’m a big fan of Cubase and continue to upgrade. However, since the IC Pro app is no longer being maintained, it simply can’t be trusted as a reliable part of a production environment. The next time an iOS update breaks it (not an unreasonable scenario) you could be down for yet another three months, waiting on multiple versions of the OS, and hoping each time that Apple fixes the problems. If Apple hadn’t decided to address this in a new iOS version (also not an unreasonable scenario), it would simply be money down the drain.