AAF helpdesk for Nuendo 8

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
TimoWildenhain

AAF helpdesk for Nuendo 8

Post by TimoWildenhain » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Dear forum members,

This thread is dedicated to Nuendo 8 users experiencing issues with import or export of AAF files in Nuendo. In addition to the extensive debugging and structured testing currently taking place, real world data analysis is indispensable, due to the nature and complexity of the projects.

Therefore, we encourage you to send us AAF files that show errors or incompatibility problems.

If you are able and willing to share problematic AAF files with us, we are happy to look into the respective
issue for in-depth analysis and finding a possible solution. We have set up an FTP server for individual upload
and will keep all material in-house and strictly confidential.

Please contact us via email: t.marx@steinberg.de

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Xeneize99

Re: AAF helpdesk for Nuendo 8

Post by Xeneize99 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi Timo, I'll send you an example now.

gvs

Post by gvs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 am

Hi,

I installed the latest update of N8 (8.0.15) but the same issues remain.

Is any one else still having the clip offsets with AAFs from Premiere?

Best,

Daan
Nuendo 8 64bit | Win10 64 bit | ASUS P8Z77-V LX i7-3770K 8GB RAM | SSD | LynxTwoB | UAD1 | Blackmagic Mini Monitor | Mackie Control

sm0gster

Post by sm0gster » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello guys,

I've just installed Nuendo 8 (8.0.15) on a 64bit Win10 and I work with promos from Fox International Channels, hence I cannot send you problematic AAF's (legal constrictions).

The problem relies on clip offsets. The video editors work with Premiere.

On Nuendo 7 the same AAF works just fine, no problems.

Hope you guys can fix this ASAP.

Best regards,

Toronja

Post by Toronja » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 am

Hi! I just testing Nuendo 8, I've already buy the DNXHD video codec licence and I can't export AAF files (See the attached files), everything works just fine in Nuendo 7.1, any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Pablo
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.18.37.png
(115 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 20.16.35.png
(30.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Music Composer / www.pabloborghi.com

audiomonkeys

Post by audiomonkeys » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm having the same issue, Its seems only on the stereo tracks, exporting the exact same track in N7 seems to be working just fine
Nuendo 10.2.00 , Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.07 for what
its worth, Mac Pro 5.1 3.33 Ghz - 12 core, 32 Bg RAM. OS10.12.6 Smart AV Tango +12 fader Ext, Dolby Atmos Suite, Blackmagic Intensity Pro - 5 litres of good Japanese Sake (and more coming) and 100% no CRACK plugins

Toronja

Post by Toronja » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello me again, I have stop using N8 since this problem appears, today I've notice that if I check "Consolidate events" AAF Export works, the only problem is that I have just a few MS to edit after importing this AAF file, has someone find a solution to this?
Its a shame because the Update looks fantastic, but with this kind of problems and NO support from Steinberg...

Pablo

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 am

Hi Timo,

I have downloaded the Nuendo 8 demo and I am attempting to export volume automation from Nuendo 8 to Pro Tools 12 and Reaper (through AATranslator) via AAF.

The automation points are incorrect when I do this and I believe it may have something to do with the 12db 'Volume Max' setting now available in the Nuendo 8 project settings.

Although I set it to 6db (instead of the now default 12db setting) it appears as though during AAF export it is still exporting it at the 12db scale, therefore putting all of the automation points out of whack by several db. Automation points below 6db (around 3db in Nuendo) get pushed into the 6db ceiling while 0db reads as +2db among other anomalies. It does seem consistent in terms of overall shape though.

I tried exporting the exact same file as an AAF in Nuendo 4 and it works perfectly.

Thanks

Erin

Toronja

Post by Toronja » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Finally I had time to install 8.1 update, I can confirm that AAF Export now is working again, thanks, for the film composers that works in Nuendo and need to mix in Pro Tools this is the best option for moving between daw.

Pablo

kempes

Post by kempes » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:28 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with importing AAF files - error code Err8007007E. It's a fresh Windows 10 install, so I might be missing some drivers or something. The AAFs are fine, they work without any problems on a different machine with the same software setup (Nuendo 8.1, Win 10) as they did on the same machine, before Windows reinstall. I found a related topic (viewtopic.php?t=81765) and tried reinstalling visual c++ redistributable 2015 and 2017 as well as .NET Framework 4.7.x but that didn't help. What files might I be missing? Is there a different solution?

Regards,
Eric

rekorderalex

Post by rekorderalex » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi I have the problem of messed-up BWF Timestamps when exporting AAFs with Nuendo 7 and 8. My customer is importing them into Pro-Tools and is used to working with the spot-function. But when they work with my files it's not possible to use it because the timestamps are way beyond project range. We are working in 23,98 fps (as Nuendo calls it) resp. 23.976 fps (as Pro-Tools calls it, which is another problem ...). The session starts at 00:58:00:00 and is about 2hrs long. The imported original- and user-timestamps are somewhere in the 23:xx:xx:xx area :-/
When I have time for it, I'll prepare a test-aaf for you if you want.
But if anyone has a solution or work-around for me at hand it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Alex

audiomonkeys

Post by audiomonkeys » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:46 am

I'm having this problem for a while now when exporting session an AAF the muted files do not make it across even when ticking the setting " Export Muted Events with Volume -inf db"
Any tips?
Nuendo 10.2.00 , Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.07 for what
its worth, Mac Pro 5.1 3.33 Ghz - 12 core, 32 Bg RAM. OS10.12.6 Smart AV Tango +12 fader Ext, Dolby Atmos Suite, Blackmagic Intensity Pro - 5 litres of good Japanese Sake (and more coming) and 100% no CRACK plugins

Return to “General”