[SOLVED] News update: Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue

Yes working but I too will not rely on this app anymore and use PT control. Months of downtime is ridiculous. The method use to connect has to be suspect since other apps connected fine while this didn’t. Apart from still using Cubase I won’t be buying anything else from SB as the support is atrocious. As mentioned in an earlier post they certainly seem to abandon the none premium software on a regular basis

It works but does not show the different channels in cue mix mode, even they are activated
Any one here who has the same bug and also a solution?

Greetings, Olaf

This might be caused by the VCA bug. It has been acknowledged by Steinberg, but not fixed of course.

See here:

Hi all,

As stated before, our testings with Apple’s official iOS 10.3.3 release are positive so far, and their update solves the iC Pro connectivity issue.
Please expect an official news update from us in a few days.

Best,
Lars

Thanks for that. I have a license for the discontinued android version, but now own a ipod air iOs 10.3.3. Do I get any credit toward the iOs version?

Thank you, Chris. The Problem was the VCA Faden bug.
Hope Steinberg will fix it asap.

Greetings, Olaf

Dear all,

On July 20, 2017, Apple released the latest iOS update version 10.3.3 and we are pleased to announce that this resolves former connectivity issues between Cubase iC Pro and supported Steinberg DAWs.

Please follow this link to learn more:

Best,
Lars

Hi,
New Ski Remote 1.0.8 states a minimum of Cubase 8.5 or later, and also Windows 8 minimum…

However, it seems to be working with Cubase Elements 7 and Windows 7 x64 as far I can tell.
Haven’t updated to iOS 10 yet though, so if anyone is running an older Version of Cubase/Windows and can confirm that it works ok under iOS 10 that would be great.
Cheers.

@Lars Any idea on this? Are the minimum specs stated on the SKI installer just a guide to what is officially supported or am I likely to run into problems with my older version of Cubase/Windows?

Hi,

The system requirements state the officially tested and supported operating systems.
Cubase iC Pro might run fine on older hosts or operating systems, however these have not been tested and are not officially supported.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the clarification.
If anyone has tested an older setup like mine with iOS 10, I would appreciate it if you could confirm it is working.
Cheers.

I’m running Cubase 9 so I can’t confirm that part, but I am running on Windows 7 64 bit and and the app works on 10.3.3.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I can confirm that it is working with my Win-7 64bit system using IOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone 5 and IOS 9 on my iPhone 4S.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
I’m running an iPad Air so hopefully that should also be fine under iOS 10.3.3.

I wish I could report success.
But I am still not able to connect from iPad Pro or iPad 4 both running 10.3.3.
Remote Desktop is working in the Windows 7 64bit PC and I can connect to it using Remote Desktop from another PC running Windows 10.
I can also connect to the PC from my iPad using Microsoft’s “RD Client” free remote connection app.
But iC Pro does not establish a connection. I reinstalled iTunes to make sure I have the correct version of Bonjour and also updated the Steinberg SKI add on. Still nothing.

Hi Arica,

Have you been able to establish a connection with Cubase iC Pro and your Steinberg DAW before?
Did you follow the steps from the Cubase iC Pro in-app help to setup the DAW accordingly?

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars,

Yes I used to connect no problem in the past.
I just did a new Clean install of my system, Windows 7 64bit 32 Gb and re-installed Cubase 9, SKI and Bonjour (the version included with iTunes as I had that before).
Unfortunately it did not correct the problem.
I have iPad 4 and Pro 10.5 both running IOS 10.3.3.

To make matters worse and weirder, EU Con that also used to work fine with Pro Tools is also no longer working on my system. I have not installed Pro Tools yet on my new clean install but I am loosing hope.

Do not want to update to Windows 10 as I would not have updated drivers for some of my synths, like Roland Fantom G8. I would loose been sble to record direct from Sunth through USB.

Sorry got long…

Hi aricastudio,

I’m sorry to hear that you have problems to establish a connection.
Since it is the same case with a third party application it might has to do with your network setup.

Please have a look at our troubleshoot section to check if it helps to solve the problem:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-ic-pro-troubleshooting.html

Thanks,
Lars

Thanks Lars,
I am glad to report that I finally got IC Pro to connect from both iPad 4 and iPad Pro 10.5 both with iOS 10.3.3 to Cubase 9 on a Windows 7 64bit PC. It appears that beside the issues brought about by a previous iOS update, which Lars documented, I was not thorough when I updated from Cubase 8.5 to 9 and did not set up Steinberg’s SKI on Cubase Devices-Remote Devices. This is explanied in IC Pro Documentation on the iPad.
Glad to have this program working again!

Thanks for the update, aricastudio!
I’m glad to hear your up and running again!

Have a great weekend,
Lars