How do I remove a page in the middle of a score?

Guys, while reading this thread the only thoughts that come to my mind are “why is this so complicated?” and “why are we talking workarounds?”

To me, one of the great strengths of this software is that the programming team is doing things properly to begin with—no taking shortcuts in the programming or in the “how do we achieve ___?” Everything is very well-thought and makes sense from the start, and I for one greatly appreciate this!

But the problem here are the overrides and master page changes, of course. The whole implementation of Dorico’s page layout scheme à la Adobe InDesign makes sense, but perhaps we need to come up with a better way to handle master pages and how they are applied? In Adobe the master page moves with the page itself, and I would have expected that to be true of Dorico too—but apparently not? I’ll give my +1 for changing this…

Also, I never understood why flow titles, subtitles, dedication, lyricist, composer, arranger, and orchestrator text could not simply be integrated as part of a flow—not as first-measure items like Sibullyus, but simply anchored to the beginning of the flow under the hood so it prints above the first line (with proper controls for spacing, &c) on its own, without the need of text frames. This would allow the flows to, well, flow! within a single music frame on a page, making it simpler to achieve a great printable outcome without page overrides and template changes and what not.

Of course, the option would still be there to start new flows on new pages and would still work.

Any thoughts from the Steinberg team?

Cheers —π