Upgraded to Mac 12-core, have same ASIO/CPU in Cubase

I’ve just moved from Ableton on a MBP 2015 i7 model with 16GB RAM to a Mac Pro 2010, 12 core, 64GB RAM machine and come ‘back’ to Cubase. I’m having awful CPU problems trying to load in 100+ Kontakt instances with say 10 groups - each group has 2 sends to same 2 FX channels - that’s it. All Kontakt instances set to purged samples for now as I didn’t want to fill all the RAM up until the template was created. I got to about 50 instances of Kontakt before I started seeing problems.

I have multicore support on/off, latency set from 128->256->512->768 to try and help - sessions freezing etc etc

I really don’t want to go back to Ableton as I’ve loved using Cubase on smaller projects - love the look, workflow, midi functionality etc etc but I need a 150 Kontakt instance template for my new work and thought this upgraded machine with 12 cores would be the solution. Seems not. Maybe I should use Ableton in rewire mode - don’t know.

I’m now trying a fresh install of Cubase 9 as it came across through Migration Assistant so there maybe issues there.

I also own Logic Pro X and it seems from this thread that Logic may handle it all better - maybe I need to learn that DAW - not used it in years but bought the upgrade just in case. Going to try once more with Cubase - if that doesn’t work then I’ll switch to Logic I think - I’ve only just come back to Cubase so I guess it’s not too much a jump to go with Logic instead. They are only tools and a means to an end after all and I’m sick of technical crap getting in the way of creative stuff. Just bought a CC121 from Steinberg too - DAMN I love that controller.

Bit fed up with it all to be honest.