How do I remove a page in the middle of a score?

No, I think the problem is that you are wasting time by doing things in the wrong order. I can’t see any need to “finish” one section of a part before you change something else.

If you insist on working a different way, then it might be better to use different software - though I can’t see now InDesign will save you any time here, but that’s your decision not mine!

I have spent a lot of time creating and editing very large documents - more like 10,000 pages (in several volumes) than 1,000. Doing a lot of detailed formatting before all the input is complete (or almost complete) is simply a waste of effort, because you have to do it again, and again, and again…

Of course you might want to “finish” formatting a short section of the complete document to find any problems with the document design, etc - but that isn’t the same as continually tweaking the format every time need to change the content.

I’m not saying anything “new” here. I could quote from a book on document design written in the 1980’s which makes the point that “What you see is what you get” is a bad name - it should be “What you see is ALL you get,” and if you change some formatting on page 1, you risk losing all the work you have done on pages 2 to the end!