How do I remove a page in the middle of a score?

Thanks for the welcome to Dorico @ Rob Tuley :slight_smile:

I agree with much of what you have said and I think that a lot of the issue here comes down to workflow:

I have just started doing a workbook based on the ‘Creating a Worksheet’ pdf provided by the Dorico team. Much of the work of layout and entering text seems to take place in Engrave mode. Traditionally, Engraving was the final step before print and once put down on the plate, any major changes would require the scrapping of the old plate and the starting afresh.

In the OP from @pianoleo, it appears that he had to shuffle the order of a few Flows and text boxes, and in order to do so he made a new page, did the shuffle and then couldn’t delete the now blank page without the layouts and overrides.

My idea was that (as long as the existing page would retain the same content) you could do these shuffles on a different page at the end or in a different document and the copy them back to the original page. In this way, the other pages wouldn’t be interfered with. I did this in Sibelius all the time in the Good ol’ Days.

Making my workbook in Dorico is like “Wow, this is so awesome!”

If in the real world you had 60 physical pages laid out in order and you realised that one needed amendments, you could lift that page out and replace it with a new alternative. No other page would be altered. I think that pianoleo was trying to see if this could be achieved in the software domain. Naturally, one should have their edition completely flawless before sending it to the Engraver… How many editions do we all own where there are obvious engraving errors lol!

Robby Poole touches on this above and this is a very valid point that I will no doubt experience. As I am on a very steep learning curve developing my workflow, my terminology may be a bit off. An unlock all formatting/overrides function is essential for keeping revisions and updates a realistic outcome for our work.