DORICO improvement topics / questions

Dear sirs
I am still evaluating the demo version of DORICO software, but I have already detected some small problems that I illustrated in the attachments I send you:
1- In a first case it would be nice to have all the menus in the same language (Portuguese better for me) but mixing two languages does not seem right;
2- In a second case two problems: first the mouse wheel can not show what is missing in the options marked in the lower zone; And in the second, the problem arises from the fact that the pause is left over, since the bar ends with 11 tupplets - nothing more !! … and in the next bar, the right hand plays only 22 tupplets !!! … How do you write them?
I already tried to create a 17/8 measure but it did not work. All the hypotheses I have tried, either have more pause, or the tupplet passes beyond the next measure.
The software overall looks great to me. Are these questions derived from the demo version? I already have the “HALion Symphonic Orchestra” and “The Grand 3”, so I did not download attached to the DORICO - is this relevant?
Hoping to have contributed to making the software even better,
Sincerely

to-coruche

Well, I think you did not enter the tuplets right. It looks as though you entered 11:4 in the popover instead of 11:6 (11 8ths in the time of 6). And if you need to write 22 8ths notes in the time of 12, you write 22:12 in the tuplet popover. Make sure you select the appropriate rythmic duration (8th note here) before pressing the tuplet key (= on my french keyboard) and then enter the numbers I suggested. It should work…
If you do not download the HALion version provided with Dorico, the software runs without a problem, but you miss the function where the software selects the sounds for you automatically. You have to select the sounds manually, not a big deal — except if you have 40 different parts !
To create a 17/8 measure, just click on the barline or the clef or the first note, in write mode, press shift-M, and write 17/8 in the popover. It should work.
Hope it helps !

Thanks for the feedback. The category names for the various commands in the Key Commands page of Preferences are not yet localised into any language; this is something that we will address in future. You should, though, find that all of the commands within each category are correctly translated.

The problem with labels being truncated in the Properties panel affects Windows more than Mac; in the specific case of Portuguese I think we need to try to encourage our translator to use shorter translations where possible.

Thanks to both for clarifications, worked perfectly.
On HALion I tested with an XML file with 23 different instruments and a symphony orchestra score and there was no problem in choosing the instruments; All correct.
Thank you again
Sincerely,
To coruche

Hello,
Still related to my previous post, I would like to suggest a vertical scroll bar in the bottom properties panel, with the visibility corrected (as it exists in “writing” mode - with a “slur” or “crescendo” selected) and that would probably solve visibility issues either in Portuguese and in other languages.
I also saw all the usefulness in a timed automatic backup, because due to the concentration that the subject deserves to us, it is easy to forget to record the work done, and in any “crash” to lose half an hour or an hour of work (already happened to me) .
Question: If I open at the beginning of the project, for example, 30 bars and in the end I want to delete the last two bars because they are not needed, how do I do it?
Hoping to contribute to the improvement of DORICO which I’m one step closer to acquire
With best regards,
To coruche

In answer to your question:

If the two bars at the end are empty, then (without selecting anything in the score), in Write mode, go to the Write menu and select Trim Flow (third from the bottom of the list).
If the last two bars aren’t empty, but you want to delete them anyway, then select the barline where you want to delete (end of bar 28, I guess), type Shift-B, then in the popover type -2. Hit enter. Bars disappear.

I can’t help with the Portuguese translations, I’m afraid!

Thanks pianoleo
Kindly
To coruche