Windows 10: audio dropouts on multi-core CPU setups

I am doing my best to understand all the info in this thread. I’m on a x6950 (10 cores, 20 threads) with Windows 10, Cubase 9.0.30, 32 GB of RAM, and a UA Apollo Interface. I have hyper-threading turned off on my machine in the Bios, and am overclocking from 3.0 to 4.2 on each core.

I’ve been aware of the issue with Windows 10 where it limits the number of processes that any single application can run. As a workaround, I’ve been using JBridge to bridge 64 bit plugins onto processes outside of Cubase. Is that the same issue that’s being discussed in this thread?

I did the “audioengine.properties workaround” and initially it seemed to help things run smoother (projects would seem to load more quickly). But like before the workaround, I still locked up in larger projects. I get a spike in the hard drive performance meter when I stop playback and the mouse turns into an hourglass for 2-10 seconds. Projects slow down even if my CPU is still only around 50-60%. It feels ram-related but I have plenty. Maybe it’s the processes being maxed out.

Does doing the “audioengine.properties workaround” mean that the processes in cubase are no longer limited and the bridge workaround is no longer required?