Dorico making Motu soundcard volume jump

Hello everyone

For the record, when opening a file or application causes a jump in volume level that can blow your speakers (and leave ears ringing), that’s a significant problem. Maybe some others here haven’t had this experience - perhaps my own professional workflow isn’t shared by others. I’m running Max and other software alongside Dorico, as part of my compositional workflow. I often have sounds playing in other software when I open and close Dorico files. I choose to use the Core Audio volume control for quick changes of volume - for instance when a client comes into the room. No other software here causes problems when I do this.

When the workaround for a problem this significant isn’t clearly signposted, it most certainly is condescending to suggest anyone vexed by it is simply unfamiliar with a ‘professional’ workflow.

Thank you for your apology Paul. I see from your apology that quite a few people have mentioned this to you before, some asking (quite reasonably - given the above) why the workaround isn’t the default. I’m afraid I can’t be accountable for these other people. I’m simply trying to integrate Dorico into my workflow, making do with limited documentation (and hoping not to be deafened in the process!) when deadlines are looming.

Sarah Angliss