Pianoteq 6 vst3 plugin

Okay, I was not familiar with Pianoteq and did not know that P6 was pretty new, so I just wondered.
Good that you still have P5 so you can work around this issue for the moment.

As for my further investigations:

P6 works for me very well in Cubase Pro 9. @David: Take a second look, it’s listed under sub category Synth.
But I never get that noise issue in Cubase no matter how often I swap instruments.

In Dorico I do get the noise, but quite irregularly. Sometimes it happens only after the 10th or 20th swap, sometimes immediately. Also the noise does change sometimes. Might go from just a clicking sound to full scale digital noise.

So this suggests it is a problem of the Dorico audio engine and not of P6. However, we have a small tool called VSTTestHost that we deliver together with the SDK to the plug-in developers. With this test tool I can also reproduce the noise issue, so this more suggests that it is a problem in P6.

Anyway, I’ve now filed this issue in our bug tracking system. We will get in touch with the guys from Pianoteq to sort this out, no matter on who’s side it is.

So stay tuned, I will report back as soon as I have more news. Might take some time, but we’ll get it…