Using various sounds within a program

Thank you for correcting my language. You put it more precisely than I did, and your statement is what I meant, or at least what I was referring to, in the a previous post (“Percussion is not currently implemented at all”).

However, it would seem there is some playback implementation, deliberate or incidental, of untuned percussion since I’ve notated some, and it has played back in Dorico reliably. I wanted to upload a short video, but I was unable to do that, so I have included a screenshot and a description of what I heard.

The playback was of various untuned percussion sounding. I tried several staves and repeated notes and all seemed to play back reliably. Halion showed “Latin Percussion” in the program list. The result implies that one of the workflows I mentioned earlier in this thread would be useful, that is, write for “Guiro” by using, just for hypothetical example, the note A; for cymbals the note “B”, etc. Not sure why I was not able to get to this work flow before; probably user error.

I could write all the untuned percussion on one staff, or I could write all the Guiro part on an A in one staff and all the Cymbals part on B in another staff, then I might try to alter the appearance of the staves to show all pitches on a 1-line staff (but not sure Dorico can do that).