from 6/8 to 4/4 ?

I have a score written in 6/8. I would like to change it to 4/4. What is the easiest way to do this in Dorico (if possible…) ?
Mads

If you are asking whether you can mass-convert the “triple-eighth” beats of 6/8 to true triplets in 4/4, the answer (AFAIK) is “no, not yet.” Triplets currently must be typed in as triplets.

However, if you type your rhythm afresh in a new stave, you can then copy and paste the original pitches.

1. Enter new rhythm (with triplets etc.), all to one pitch.
  2. Copy original notes.
  3. Set caret at start of new rhythm.
  4. Hit L.
  5. Paste.

Great tip, Pianoleo!

This sounds fantastic, but I do not get it to work. Do I have to use the filter? Is there something more to it that I am missing?

I’m really sorry; I’m sure I read this exact method from Daniel a matter of days ago, but I can’t find it anywhere. I wonder if it’s something that’s in the development build but not yet released to us (the users). Sorry again for leading you up a cul-de-sac.

No problem!

1. Hit Q
    Paste in chord mode should not delete the tuplets at the paste location (unless you paste tuplets that wouldn’t fit inside), which should allow you to change existing notes into tuplets.

Hm, I tried this and as StefanF said, hitting Q did not change the tuplets. Anyways, besides adding the new notes to the existing one (how to delete the existing rhythm note afterwards?), it does not work as soon as it comes to dotted quarter-notes which should be converted to normal ones.

The lock function does not seem to work with pasting, but this (being able to paste rhythm and pitch independently from each other) could be a quite powerful feature, not only for this workaround but for other work as well. Maybe something for one of the upcoming updates?

Seeing this strange output, I wonder: Does Doricos engine handle tuplets with their actual length as well or not? It handles tied notes with their actual values, so why not (it looks this way to me) tuplet notes?