Plugin loading crushes everytime

try the 32 bit version.
Or use the softwares that were available when WaveLab 7 was tested: Windows 7, and plugins not older than WaveLab 7.

Is there a way to disable the vst load?
I cant see a way I going back to WIn7 just for Wavlab.
all my plugs are new and updated.

Copy the file
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Factory Presets\Plugins\plugins to ignore.txt
to
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Preferences\

and add in this text file, this simple one-character line to ignore all plugins:

Hi Philippe - I’m having the same problem - Wavelab starts up and does the plug-in scan and freezes after a few seconds. When I choose to skip the plugin that is hanging up, WL crashes but leaves 3 WL icons bouncing around on my task bar which I have to force close. This started after I accidentally pushed the “force scan plugins” button in WL and because it’s just a button and not a switch, I could not undo the request. I was simply trying to stop this plugin scan because it was taking up to 10 minutes every time I launched WL Is there a way to get into WL in a safe mode and fix whatever is happening now?

Thanks PG

First, retry after booting.
If this is not enough, then use the plugins to ignore.txt method described before

I can work with the WL now, after reinstalling plus the patch plus removing softube plugs.
after the patch (apparently I had the wrong patch and it made the process way more problematic) and move the softube to another place the WL went up.
I still need to find a solution for the softube cause I use them a lot.

Thanks PG - where is this on the Mac platform? (reboots did not work).

Create a text file there:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 7/Preferences/Plugins to ignore.txt
And on the 1st line, set this character:

PG - still no luck after following your instructions. When I launch WL, it hangs up on a plugin and when I choose SKIP, WL crashes. See attachments of the status after implementing your instructions. Thanks
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.33.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.33.40 PM.png

Just to add, if I choose to skip once, WL freezes on the plugin it’s trying to find, if I choose to skip permanently, WL just crashes.
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 2.03.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 2.04.07 PM.png

You must add the “.txt” extension to the file “Plugins To Ignore”

Yes, it’s there but the “hide extensions” box was checked in the properties box - I unchecked it (see pic) and rebooted but now WL behaves the same way except it’s hanging up on the next consecutive plugin in the directory. When I choose to SKIP, WL crashes. Just to be clear, the .txt file only contains an asterisk * on the first line exactly what I have in the previously attached pic?
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 7.32.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 7.34.03 AM.png

Well, then try to remove temporarily the plugins that hangs. And if you can reach WaveLab, open the plugin preferences and set the sub folders you want to ignore.

Ok, is temporarily removing plugins as simple as just moving everything in the LIBRARY/AUDIO/PLUGINs folder and subfolders to another folder then moving it back? I can’t be uninstalling plugins as there are too many to count.

Also, if this doesn’t work, what is the best way to uninstall WL completely and start over since it was working before I touched that “scan plugins @ next startup” button. To reinstall, is there a direct file I can get that will install on OSX 10.12 without having to use the install tool?

Thanks PG

is temporarily removing plugins as simple as just moving everything in the LIBRARY/AUDIO/PLUGINs folder and subfolders to another folder then moving it back?

yes

Ok, some progress made but encountering new issues. After removing the plugs, I was able to access WL and turn off the search plugins in the options menu. I didn’t specify a specific folder but just uncheck the search box altogether. However, I now have 5 WL icons bouncing around on my task bar and my CPU utilization is skyrocketing while the Mac Pro fan is audibly spinning - a rarity on this platform. When I try closing out of WL, I receive the message in the attachment.

Thanks PG
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 12.35.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 12.35.31 PM.png

About the directory that can’t be written: ensure that this is a writable location. That could be the root of all your problems, because WaveLab needs to write there.

Well unfortunately that wasn’t the issue - besides I working just fine in WL before the “scan plugins” incident that seemed to torpedo my system. And, I’ve lost a week in work so I’m going to just uninstall WL first then start fresh. Can you tell me the best way to remove WL completely from my system leaving no remnants the might affect my next install? Hopefully a fresh install and me not going anything near that scan function will set things right.

Thanks PG

1. Delete “WaveLab 7.app”
  2. Delete “/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 7”

Well, then try to remove temporarily the plugins that hangs. And if you can reach WaveLab, open the plugin preferences and set the sub folders you want to ignore.