Dante had an easier time navigating the various levels of hell than I've had installing your software.

Romantique, if you compare the last 10 software programs you installed (I just did far more than that on my iMac as I had a system failure on Monday) to the workflow of the app I outlined you will find that the latter uses protocols that haven’t been used in a decade of app unpackaging and the licensing protocol is one totally new to my experience. There may be advantages to someone but not the user. If the first thing you saw when the download was completed was a - Read Me First Before Attempting Install As This One Is a Little Different !!! file I doubt we’d be having this conversation. Instead there was an app called Start Center that would not open. Hmm, maybe it needs to be in the Applications folder? Nope, that didn’t work. Hmmm, maybe this folder needs to be in the Application folder. Nope, that didn’t work. Well what’s in the folder? Oh there’s the .dmg file. Compare that to any other application installation - .dmg downloaded, double click, application appears with the prompt to drag to applications and sometimes a readme first folder. That is the current protocol standard.

I stand by my perspective that this software installation is needlessly complicated and requires speculation on the end of the user that is going to be negatively influenced by user past experience installing applications packaged using current protocols.

I’m sure the software is admirable otherwise you wouldn’t be defending what I found to be a convoluted installation protocol but I’m sorry I did not find it to be a simple 2 step process. If there were a way to show me where I went wrong starting with the download maybe we’d find I’d made some error that started the Dantean journey I embarked on that might have been avoided. I suspect though that even with a smoother installation that I never did achieve I would be able to point out several areas that are counter-intuitive and where even someone experienced in unpacking normally packaged apps may get off track. As I say, having just loaded a dozen or so apps (requiring licensing) so it’s pretty fresh in my mind as to the differences. Steinberg can take my input or not but I don’t know how learning where they might improve would be bad for anyone.