POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

just to let you know:

I had Cubase crashing on exit, no matter of a project being loaded or not. Cubase allways crashed on exit.

Just this morning I noticed in the splash on Cubase launch that cubase initializes VST3 plugins. Never noticed this before. Cubase does not initialize VST2.x plugins on launch, but it does initzialize VST3 plugins on startup, whatever that means.

Now, I am an automap user and I have every plugin automapped, be it VST2.x or VST3.

After I noticed that cubase initializes VST3 plugins on launch, I unwrapped all VST3 plugins in automaps software setup, launched Cubase, exited Cubase, and Cubase did NOT crash on exit anymore!

I installed automap 4.4b1 some days ago. As mentioned in the beta release notes, plugins need to be rewrapped again, as it was the case with some other automap releases. I usually do so, but constantly forget to do so with VST3 plugins as well as with VST2.x plugins…

I rewrapped the VST3 plugins with the latest 4.4b1, launched cubase, exited cubase and Cubase did NOT crash on exit.

So, for now, Cubase is exiting fine, finally!