treble recorder playback

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
mipi

treble recorder playback

Post by mipi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 am

Hi, trying to work on an arrangement for recorder ensemble. Why Dorico doesn't transpose for example treble recorder one octave higher when playing it back? Piccolo flute plays back correctly. Thank you

musicmaven

Re: treble recorder playback

Post by musicmaven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Dear mipi,

It works for me. I had a voice part that I changed instrument to Soprano Recorder. The music was re-written down an octave, showing that the original pitch is played one octave higher than written. I also checked and the written pitch of the Soprano Recorder plays back one octave higher. I am not sure why this isn't working for you.
Dorico 1.1.10, Finale 1.0 through Finale 97, Sibelius 2-7.5, Notion 5.2, MuseScore 2, iMac, MacBook Air, Oxygen 61, CME Xkey 25-key Mobile Keyboard Controller

dhbailey52

Post by dhbailey52 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 pm

The treble recorder is another name for the Alto Recorder, which should sound back at written pitch. The soprano recorder is supposed to sound back an octave higher than notated, as is the Bass Recorder. The Alto, the Tenor and the Great Bass in C all are supposed to sound back at written pitch.

Derrek

Post by Derrek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:52 pm

The alternate name for the Soprano recorder (which sounds an octave higher) is the Descant recorder. As notedabove, the Treble is the alternate name for the Alto.
Dorico 1.1.10, Finale (v25.4), GPO, JABB3, GWI, CuBase newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Sierra as alternate)
US English Keyboard

mipi

Post by mipi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 am

Hi, I am sorry, as I discovered there is soprano recorder as well, I deleted this post. Any way I see for some reason it is still here. Thank you very much for your answers:)

Return to “Dorico”