Cubase 9.5 starts recording on left marker without having "Record" button clicked

Hi there,

Congratulations on the new release. However, when testing around today on a project I am working on, I noticed an annoying behaviour. Not sure if this is a bug or a new “feature”:

When I set up the two locators for a section to work on and hit play, the transport jumps into Recording mode without me explicitly clicking the “record” button beforehand. This happens every time the cursor is at the left locator and I hit SPACE/play.

Any suggestions?

update: it even happens when playing in a looped segment. it just activates out of nowhere

Forgot this:

System - Mac OS El Capitan - 32GB RAM - i73930K - Motu Ultralite mk3

Restarted the App, also changed it to “64 Bit” mode, not sure if that helped. But the problem seems gone!

Could it be you had punch in/out set and the punch points linked to your locators?

nope, I checked this, yes but it wasn’t the case. however after doing the above thing and restarting, the app behaved normally again.

I’ve just experienced exactly the same problem with Cubase Pro 10 for Windows. Again, I’ve no idea what, if anything, I did to make it happen. And, again, the problem was resolved by restarting the app.