Cubase 9.5 Feedback Survey

Thanks. I’ll have a look…
Hmmm? I had a shortcut for it… which didn’t show after importing my key commands to c9.5.

If it is within the pool, do you have to open a project to reach it? Do you have to clean the disk/unreferenced audio files one project at a time?

I’ll chime in later…

Just a “problem”: I try to load some plugins from the Waves company and when I do, the cubase stops working. With cubase 9 this did not happen.

They are at least three.

The rest, of wonders, seriously

I think we are talking about two different things here.

The Cleanup under the File Menu is nowhere to be found…
This is NOT the same as Remove Unused Media or Remove From Trash from the Pool (even though for the latter, you can there choose to Remove from project or Erase from disk).

The File > Cleanup where used as a global function to erase unreferenced audio files from your hard disk (or from selected folders). Unreferenced as in NOT used in ANY Cubase project.
This could be started by just opening Cubase itself (not needing to open any project).

Yes, I did not know that was even an option.
I always just use the remove unused media in each project. It works for me

That’s all good… It just took me a while to understand that we were talking about two different things :wink:

No support for UAD in 9.5 yet (it’s a bugfest). This is probably on Universal Audio as well, but I don’t really understand how this can happen. UAD works great in Cubase 8.5 even with projects saved in 9.5.

I forgot to mention a bad 9.5 behavior !

I still prefer opening midi editor in its window and not on project one bottom. But I like the “Editor Content Follows Event Selection” feature.

The annoying thing is that when I select a container in the main window in order to edit midi data in it, it displays the container at its beginning ! And 99.9% of the time, the things I want to edit are close to the cursor ! So when the container is very large, each time I open it, I must scroll untill the cursor ! :unamused: Not pleasant for my workflow… So why doesn’t it display the place around the cursor, just like when I open the midi editor by double-clic on a container because it was not already opened before ?

And the most stupid that is This feature exists in the “lower zone” widow, called “Link Project and Editor Cursors” why not for non lower zone editors ??

Hi,

after the 9.5 update (which I really love otherwise), I get a lot of midi dropouts. I have been using the directmusic device in studio setup before, and I´m doing so now too. I also tried all the other combinations like the “use system timestamp” for directmusic and the ordinary “windows midi” device with and without the system stamps.

So is there a way to fix this?

Exactly!
I upgraded to 9.5 today and where can I find my customized shortcuts from Cubase 9?
Do I have to setup all of them from scratch? If so, then it is really not funny.

Shall take the survey, but in sum:
– great update but IMHO still needs work on CPU usage & by comparison to some other DAWs;
– consider more detailed and improved UI feedback as to CPU /multi-thread /plugin performance & tweaking (a la Studio One /Pro Tools).

Many of the features in 9.5 seem directly borrowed from MOTU DP9 (especially zones). Consider adding MOTU’s ‘Chunks’ implementation – ie, multiple sequences /cues hosted within a single project; each of which may use independent timecode start points /conductor tracks etc. Ideal for music-to-picture. All sequences /cues may subsequently be ‘flattened’ to a single master soundtrack sequence for final.

Cubase imports settings/shortcuts from its previous version, but user needs to uncheck “install for all users” option during Cubase 9.5 installation.

I like the new features in 9.5, but I’m having the same issue that was previously posted about no waveform showing when recording audio tracks. I’ve checked preferences and I’ve tried moving the slider in the upper right corner. Also, the waveform doesn’t show in the audio editor. So I reinstalled version 9 until a solution is found. it’s very frustrating.

They posted 3 solutions here:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115001765010-Cubase-9-5-waveforms-are-missing

This will be fixed in 9.5.10, which might be coming out sometime in early December.

9.5 is the best Cubase ever the gui is much faster now, good job Steinberg!
The only real problem we have now in Win 10 is the 14 Core Limit right let’s hope Microsoft fix this.
Need upgrade to Core i9-7980XE :slight_smile:

Right away, I found a bad bug in automation. If I select multiple points and change their magnitudes like I always have, sometimes they all just move, sometimes new points are generated and they move leaving the old points where they were. I have to then delete the old points to complete the process. I was hopeful that the bug that adds extra points when editing automation was fixed but it looks like it has just been built upon. If 9.5 is going to work like this, I guess I will have to go back to 9.0.

Whilst very useful and much needed features have been added in the 9.5 update, in the next update I would really like to see coloured channel strips in the mixer, as in Pro tools and Studio one. And for me, the most important feature Steinberg could introduce would be the ability to drag and drop 3rd party instruments and effects straight onto the project page or the mixer. The way this speeds up work flow goes without saying. Also, another very useful feature would be the ability edit hitpoints from the project page, or even add them there, along with when you create slices from hitpoints, that they appear on the project page and not open up in another window. I also have a very innovative idea, why not when creating a folder track, that the folder track can also through preferences be created as a group track where you can add inserts and so on. And so the idea is that the folder track and group track is merged as one single feature where you can put tracks in a folder which also acts as a group track which you can still expand and close in the project page or in the mixer. These are just a few of my suggestions.

I agree totally and I have noticed since C9 that even though you change all the User Settings folders to the previous version not everything ports over…and what the heck is with the DARK color schemes surrounding the mixer and inspector that cannot be lightened no matter what I try…this sucks

Can someone please explain the move to the overly dark Inspector pane and Mixer GUI. I can find no way no matter what I try to lighten these modules. I don’t understand why this was changed from C9. I’ve been a faithful user and defender of Cubase since VST32 and always had the ability to set the GUI as I liked…the darkness is depressing IMHO

Personally I’d like the whole Cubase UI to get a major overhaul. It feels pretty clunky and outdated when compared with other DAW’s.

Retina/hidpi support really should have been sorted by now.

And that’s what they have been doing since Cubase 7.5. What exactly do you want to see changed?