Cubase 9.5 is now available

How is the 64-bit engine enabled?

I Totally agree the Grace or Grazy period is way to short. I bought mine C9 in the shop. Lucky i could update to 9.0.3, but offcourse within a few months i can pay for C9.5. It is not what you expect from a software company that is worldwide and also owned by yamaha. To me all versions within the main versions are free updates (should) be, and very very very anoiing CRAZY period that is very very very short minded and short timed!

And you know what next is for sure Halion 6.5! and i can get my wallet again out…

Didn’t you get Cubase Pro 9 back in June, half a year ago? What are you complaining about?

All i say when you buy a software version LIKE 9.xx you should get updates free within the version.
Next is i expected when i buy C9 in August 2017, the updates expected free within the version.
Last time C9.5 was updated i saw that 18 oktober was the last day for anyone, that was just 3 or 4 weeks.
When you buy something you dont expect that your free update period is only 4 weeks max.
But most C users and S users are prob used to paying for updates within the version.
This is not really usual in software land… :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice update, one of the better ones in a while. My only gripe is still about those skinny scroll bars being difficult to use.

Is this something that you have to enable, or is it 64-bit by default?

You have to enable it. Go to this Window:

Contrary to what the manual says, the 64-bit mixing engine will actually reduce CPU usage most of the time, but it uses more RAM.

Just updated, awesome new features, great release!

!!BUT!!

What happened to GUI?
In 9.0.3 all was so nice, smooth, soft, light, good looking. Now - everything is so edgy, harsh, hard to look at, different fonts, stupidly colored menus, selections,…50% of color customisation is gone. Is it some unfinished coding or is it meant for real? I love the update with all stuff but this is driving me crazy

You’ll get used to it.

Well, that’s not what I expected as an answer…

— at Steinberg headquarters —
BOSS: “Hey, let’s make a new update!”
WORKER1: “Yeah, let’s make a bunch of cool new features!”
WORKER2: “Yay, and let’s make it look good so users can feel good when working!”
BOSS: “What? I don’t care about feelings, just make an update and make it fast, I need money for Christmas.” :bulb:

Softness/anti-aliasing will return (known issue).

The different color settings… I second Romantique there.

I’m sorry, it sounds interesting but I don’t understand what you’re referring to in the current thread. :question:

The same - my upgrade to Artist was activated 09_2017 and bang! 9.5 11_2017 with 1 month grace period, I hate U steinberg. :cry:

The grace period was the same as previous years.

Compared to the outrageous prices Propellerhead Reason charges for upgrades ($129.00/€129.00), $59 bucks seems reasonable considering (most likely) more work was put into the Steinberg update than the new version of Reason. IMHO.

I just bought C9 in summer, i have an 9.0.30 update, does this mean after 6 months my bought C9 will not get any updates anymore ???

Almost all is okay. C9.5 works pretty well.
About grace period - I agree with many comments about strange grace period. I upgrade to Artist 9.0 in Oct.2. Grace period starts at Oct.17. So what? I miss all “black friday” offers too. Will wait for next year? No! I must work today. Last week I upgraded to Pro 9.5, because Artist 9.5 didn’t allow 80 tracks of audio.

Thank you Steinberg’s people. The best DAW I’ve used in projects. And this is more than 100 songs and compositions.

Best wishes!

P.S. I’m waiting for bugfix 9.5, Romantique Tp told that it will be released next (this) week. Only one reason - not to reach problems people talking about in Issues subforum :wink:

Hi. Bought the Cubase Pro 9.5 update from 9.0 yesterday through the Steinberg Shop site. Tried adding the Media Pack to the order but it wouldn’t let me. Why is that?

Hello guys ,I’m about to finally upgrade my daw.
I found a good priced cubase 9 pro educational ( I’m still studying) .
If I buy it now ,will I be able to get 9.5 pro for free as it is stated in the grace period section,or is it different with “educational” versions?
Thanks

Yes, you’ll get the free update to 9.5.