Cubase 9.5 Features in Nuendo 8 - When?

The two things users seem to be seeing with regards to the above is:

1. If these are on different branches and aren’t easy to merge, and Nuendo is the flagship, why not prioritize Nuendo? If you don’t do that it seems that you’re diluting development resources for the sake of Cubase.

2. If it’s not possible to prioritize Nuendo, then if the features in Cubase are going to end up in Nuendo anyway, why not just synchronize the version numbering AND give Nuendo users a Cubase license as well? We’ve said this for years now. Just give Nuendo users a Cubase license so that they can start either Cubase or Nuendo on the same dongle, and a lot of users would be happy because they’d get some of the features they’d want when they’re available.

In a way I think some users are starting to feel that they’re paying a premium for post features (which is fine) but then have to wait a long time for the music features from Cubase - which negates that ‘premium benefit’. The solution seems pretty easy to me technically, so really what’s happening is that you just don’t want to do it. Money is most likely the issue, but as with the NEK division I just have to wonder just how much more money you’re making by not including an ability to open both Cubase or Nuendo with the same dongle/license. I’m guessing not a lot.

I think it’s a tough sell to ask Nuendo users to spend more money on this. For those that don’t want to pay a lot there’s Reaper. And for those that are willing to pay there’s Pro Tools. Either integrate it into Nuendo or make it free.

Still wondering what the deal is with Dolby and Auro though. Dolby seems to have no desire or plan to make their expanded feature sets available to Nuendo, which is… unfortunate.

I’m not sure if I’m more hopeful than terrified…