Cubase 9.5 Features in Nuendo 8 - When?

Which answers my question / what I had hoped. That’s good to hear. Now let’s hope the new licensing system is not 5 years away.

I’m really grateful you answering all these questions. It clarifies the direction SB is taking and what work is being done behind the scenes currently, both short and long term. I now know better what to expect and I can adjust my needs accordingly. If I need something quicker than your roadmap, I can use another DAW, if I can wait for a feature I know is in the works, then it’s easier to bear andwait. But at least I know and I can act!

I’m sure we would all be glad if you’d be here more often. It doesn’t always have to be you, Timo, of course, I guess you have a lot on your plate. But somebody from Steinberg, a regular QA person, a link between development and forum, at least acknowledging that a reported bug has been registered and work to fix it is under way and when to expect a fix, so we don’t get the feeling of talking into a black hole. Also support tickets being closed without comment doesn’t help, which we’ve heard a few times here. So having somebody that can update us on the status would be extremely highly appreciated. Again, to make decisions on how to continue with owr own projects: Do I wait for a fix or do I need to look elsewhere to solve a problem.

Sometimes, a fix is only scheduled for the next regular update cycle, which takes a few months. It would be great if critical bugs (e.g. highly marketed features that don’t work) would be fixed with special patches that don’t take months. I don’t know if testing stands in the way of quickly delivering a hot fix, because so many cases have to be tested or what the problem is.