Homebase for Sonar users

Hello,
I have been a long time Cakewalk user since Pro Audio 6 December 1997. I have also worked with Steinberg over these years to help SONAR users with Steinberg’s wonderful VST instruments. I now find myself joining many other SONAR users in trying to learn Cubase as an DAW option going forward and I have really found it difficult at first but like anything with the help of the community we will weather the storm and continue to enjoy doing what we love; making wonderful music.

I have been watching a lot of YouTube and Groove3 videos to help me get up to speed. Some of the issues I am dealing with presently are:

Understanding the STUDIO setup:

• METRONOME ROUTING: I am racking my brain trying to see how to adjust something as simple as how to route the internal Metronome to a BUS so I can adjust the volume. Some of the HELP files are not really clear in how to find a particular feature. I am looking for how to route CLICK but ai am not seeing it in the SETUP dialogs.

PROJECT INFO SETTINGS:
I embed a lot of information in my Standard MIDI Files such as Title, Date of composition, Copyright info, original artist info, etc… I am wondering exactly how to accomplish this in Cubase. I see something like a SysEx Editor that exposes some of these but wondered if there was an easier way to do this.

GM SMF LYRIC HANDLING:
My SMF Library files have a melody and lyrics always on TRACK 4 (per the GM standard). I have been having a very hard time trying to understand how to work with lyrics and melody track in Cubase using the SCORE EDITOR. SONAR had a dedicated LYRICS window that was linked to a selected track. When I copy and paste the lyrics into the SCORE EDITOR I get very mixed results. Sometimes only partial lyrics are placed and some are in the wrong positions.

GENERAL NAVIGATION AND CUSTOMIZATION:
I am getting more comfortable with this and have sort of tried working on a color scheme that matches my SONR layout to feel somewhat familiar. SONAR gave us a lot of detailed options for color customizations. This is limited somewhat in Cubase by only allowing a base HUE setting in the 9.5 COLOR SCHEMES settings that lock you into a certain range of colors.

HERE TO HELP OTHERS:
I know I am very grateful to the help I have received over the years from the Cakewalk community and look forward to carrying on that tradition here as we all work to help each other and share our collective knowledge to encourage and strength each other.
I am willing to help where I can during the learning and transition. Ed’s advice about not viewing this as a “second SONAR” is spot on as that is where a lot of frustration will occur but we must just Keep Calm and Carry On ;^)

All the Best,
Simeon