Cubase 9.5.10 maintenance update

It’s now up to Softube. Steinberg has done everything at their end.
Softube said we should expect it in 2018, contact them directly they have good responsive support.

Can you not change them to your preference in “Preferences/User Interface/Mix Console Rack Colors”?

Hugh

im actually a beta tester for softube, there is nothing they need to do… their side has been ready for years (why studio one, reaper, sonar etc have full integration) softubes side is ready, its steinberg that need to do their bit as far as I know (told by softube directly that its steinberg that need ti implement, nothing else to be done in console 1)

I tried manually doing it and it’s still reversed/incorrect.
Is it right for other people?

I’m in their beta test team too.
Also here is a screenshot of their official email to Console 1 users:

ah ok thanks… i didn’t get that email, was just going off what i was told by one of their staff in their groups… “its not us, you need to go and pester steinberg” … that was a year or so ago…

Good news anyway… also this update for cubase seems straightforward, no issues installing and stable

I suppose you could but if it’s a bug & gets fixed then it just complicates matters even more.
Plus previous versions aren’t affected & work as expected.
If you’re sharing projects & the other user doesn’t change the prefs to reflect the issue then you’re only asking for problems by not keeping them consistent.

My projects had trouble chasing MCU events. This issue was the first one listed in the version history so I applied the patch and it solved my problem!!! So glad this issue was addressed. I was tearing my hair out.

Thanks Steinberg Team.

Yes, in 9.5 i exchanged the colors, worked fine.
Did not check the new update yet, when fixed i must reverse it again.

Hi Matthias, can you clarify what the release notes mean by long save times for sample-based instruments like Kontakt? Does this mean the save times are longer than they were in 9.5? I’m asking because I won’t be able to work with even longer save times than I already experience in my scoring sessions, so I can’t apply the update if this is the case.

That’s an explanation for why your save times might be long.

But are they even longer in 9.5.1 than they are in 9.5? That’s what I would like to know.

The Send colourings are still incorrect for me too.

Also, the ‘narrow insert slots’ bug in the Lower Zone is still there.

Hi,

No, the save times have not increased with the 9.5 release. Still we think that the save times are too long for Kontakt and we have been in touch with NI to solve the problem. But unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our side. The improvements have to be done at NI.

Cheers,
Matthias

It doesn’t help you right away, but both these bugs are in the backlog.

Yes, Softube will release an update in 2018 that will provide the Cubase integration.

Knowing that you guys aware of this are actually helping to feel better, it gives hope. Thank you for letting us know.

same here

nonsense.
with every previous daw that was supported, softube had to put out an update to enable that in that specific daw

Happy to see this update. ^-^