Icon Qcon pro X Master leds meter

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
studioton

Icon Qcon pro X Master leds meter

Post by studioton » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I bought daw controller Icon Qcon Pro X , and the master stereo leds not working with Cubase .. Icon Technical support said this:

"Hello, as you've mentioned, many of the DAWs we support do not yet seem to support the Master Channel led meter on the QCon Pro X. After our engineers have investigated this issue we have determined that this feature needs to be added by the software developers of the DAW. We encourage you to reach out to the technical support contact for your DAW software to request that they support this feature."

Can we see this feature added in the next Cubase update please?

jimzepellin

Re: Icon Qcon pro X Master leds meter

Post by jimzepellin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 pm

+1
It's very annoying. The logic of the thing gives me a sore head. Maybe there is great plan out there that allows all channels to show up apart from the master. If this is really Steinbergs fault then %*"!*%^#? hell. Hopefully someone will fix it soon.
How you getting on with the Pro X? Apart from this master fader nonsense I'm loving it.
If in doubt scream and shout.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:30 am

What exactly are you asking for? Really, it's up to them to get it working, not SB.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

jimzepellin

Post by jimzepellin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 am

SteveInChicago wrote:What exactly are you asking for? Really, it's up to them to get it working, not SB.
I might agree with you if it wasn't for the fact (already quoted that all other meters work) If icon can get all other meters working then they must have all had there brains transported out of their heads to some distant universe some where just as they were working on the master fader. The point being, if they can work out the other meters but not the master then there must be a problem on Steinbergs end.

I'm sure icon will sort it out by asking Steinberg to get their act together and sort this. This is not just a Steinberg problem as other DAWs don't work either.
If in doubt scream and shout.

studioton

Post by studioton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am

SteveInChicago wrote:What exactly are you asking for? Really, it's up to them to get it working, not SB.
I am sure there is something what SB must do/enable to get this working. Some DAWs make this to work .. I expect from SB to investigate and allow this features because this controllers is new on the market. I believe that if steniberg do this for their customers ?

Henry1970

Post by Henry1970 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 am

I was wandering, does the dual display work in Cubase/Mackie MCU mode??
I've read somewhere that the dual display looks nice, but is not always supported??
Mac Pro 5.1 (2009) 2x 3,0 Quad Core, 12 Gig RAM, Cubase 10.5 Pro, WaveLab Elements 7, RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface, Icon Qcon Pro X + XS, Emagic Unitor 8 Mk II, Alesis D4, Kemper Profiling Amp.

lordadb

Post by lordadb » Tue May 16, 2017 5:40 pm

I follow the thread, it's interesting. I wish there's a way to have a working meter on the master channel.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50 (italian) - Win 10 Pro x64 - CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.42 GHz - RAM 16 GB - TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48 (x2) - ATI Sapphire R7 250 Ultimate
My studio gears: http://lipstickstudio.maurolamanna.it/a ... -list-ita/

summergardengirl

Post by summergardengirl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 am

I spoke to tech support at Qcon on Friday and was told that the master fader now works for every DAW except Cubase/Nuendo. They are waiting for Steinberg. Ironic, given that Cubase users are the ones who don't need a special template as everything is already labelled for Cubase.
Cubase 9+ running on Windows 10, Focusrite2i4, Focusrite 4i4, VSL, Ensemble Pro, EW Diamond Strings, LASS, Cinematic Studio Strings, Cinematic Studio Solo Strings, Embertone Blakus Cello, Embertone Joshua Bell Violin, Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D. Yamaha Disklavier Baby Grand. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cubaseacademy/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/cinematicstrings/

BPM

Post by BPM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 am

I can personally confirm that the master meter on the Icon Qcon Pro X does NOT work on Reaper or Studio One either (running firmware v1.14, latest firmware as of this post). Also note that those DAW's output the master meter to other control surfaces with no problem via the Mackie Protocol. This is not a Steinberg problem at all. This is definitely an Icon problem.

lordadb

Post by lordadb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 pm

After 2 month from the latest update, no news at all... The firmware v1.15 doesn't fix the lack of master meter.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50 (italian) - Win 10 Pro x64 - CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.42 GHz - RAM 16 GB - TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48 (x2) - ATI Sapphire R7 250 Ultimate

Henry1970

Post by Henry1970 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Henry1970 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 am
I was wandering, does the dual display work in Cubase/Mackie MCU mode??
I've read somewhere that the dual display looks nice, but is not always supported??
Today I finally got my Qcon Pro-X & XS, and as it seems the bottom display isn’t supported??
Not sure if this is a limitation of the Mackie Protocol, as the unit seems to be Cubase ready.
Mac Pro 5.1 (2009) 2x 3,0 Quad Core, 12 Gig RAM, Cubase 10.5 Pro, WaveLab Elements 7, RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface, Icon Qcon Pro X + XS, Emagic Unitor 8 Mk II, Alesis D4, Kemper Profiling Amp.

lordadb

Post by lordadb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 pm

The bottom display is useless. "ch1 ch2 ch3...". It doesn't make any sense.

Henry1970

Post by Henry1970 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am

From the Icon site:
“The Lower LCD Display On My Pro X Doesn't Bank...
This is typical behavior for the QCon Pro X. The lower LCD display is designed to be used with the QCon Pro XS extender to help coordinate the order of units and tracks to allow users to arrange their units in any order they'd prefer. “

That’s pretty useless, you’d set this up once, and you can rearrange this in Cubase as well.

moss-forum

Post by moss-forum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm

To clarify what is going on with the QCon Pro X:

1) The QCon Pro X uses the MCU protocol.
2) This (pretty old) protocol does NOT support master LEDs or a 2nd display.
3) Icon extended the MCU protocol so you can address the 2nd display and the master LEDs.

The only DAW which currently supports these Icon extensions is Bitwig Studio. With all other DAWs the 2nd display and master LEDs simply do nothing.

To make it work with Cubase either Icon or Steinberg need to implement these extensions. It cannot be "fixed" with a firmware update.

cubace

Post by cubace » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 pm

moss-forum wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm
To make it work with Cubase either Icon or Steinberg need to implement these extensions. It cannot be "fixed" with a firmware update.
Steinberg can publish their SDK to the public so we can get a community driver, or a driver from Icon without that they have to sign NDA's with Yamaha/Steinberg.

cubace

Post by cubace » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:43 pm

There is a lot of things that can be done to improve remotes in cubase. But I it will compete with Nuage so I think Yamaha is stopping that from happen.

Henry1970

Post by Henry1970 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 am

cubace wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:43 pm
There is a lot of things that can be done to improve remotes in cubase. But I it will compete with Nuage so I think Yamaha is stopping that from happen.
I just bought a Qcon Pro-X + extender.
That´s absolutly not competing with Nuage... 1 Nuage fader pack is about 10x more expensive than my Qcon set.......

cubace

Post by cubace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Henry1970 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 am
cubace wrote:
I just bought a Qcon Pro-X + extender.
That´s absolutly not competing with Nuage... 1 Nuage fader pack is about 10x more expensive than my Qcon set.......
Most people buy functionality. A daw controller is a box with knobs, displays etc. They control the functionality of cubase if is a thousand dollar knob or one dollar knob does not really matter for that. (Yes there could be huge other aspects as quality, resolution, durability etc)
And if it cost a tenth of Nuage the price point will be a problem for Yamaha if they could do the same functions; and all the functions are within cubase so why should they not?

Henry1970

Post by Henry1970 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:58 pm

cubace wrote:
So you’re saying Steinberg would rather not support any other controller?? Come on, like because of that I would go and spend close to €20k on a basic Nuage set?? http://www.pro-audio-store.com/top/misc ... -nuage.php
Unless I would turn professional or win the lottery, I won’t buy it in a million years, so no, it’s not competition. :(
If they would release a Houston 2, that would be competition.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Nuage is much, much more than a controller, and is zero competition for any other hardware. It's price starts at 20,000 USD, fer cripes sake.
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface

cubace

Post by cubace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 pm

-steve- wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:04 pm
Nuage is much, much more than a controller, and is zero competition for any other hardware. It's price starts at 20,000 USD, fer cripes sake.
Nice, a controlled bending of spacetime for 20,000 USD is quite cheap. In my opinion it is a yamaha sound card in the same colour as a Nuage controller, without magic.

cubace

Post by cubace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Henry1970 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:58 pm
So you’re saying Steinberg would rather not support any other controller?? Come on, like because of that I would go and spend close to €20k on a basic Nuage set?? http://www.pro-audio-store.com/top/misc ... -nuage.php
Unless I would turn professional or win the lottery, I won’t buy it in a million years, so no, it’s not competition. :(
If they would release a Houston 2, that would be competition.
They have limited support for some hardware that more or less is the same as what they supported when yamaha bought steinberg. Lot of new functions have been added to cubase since then, and many are related to mixer functions than have NOT been added to the existing controllers. But I dont say that you should not buy a Nuage. It is like comparing a Volkswagen car with a Ferrari. You put petrol in a hole, and the device take you from point A to point B. There problem here is that Steinberg let the Ferrari run on a highway, but the VW have to run on goat road. Let them run on the same road and the difference becomes a lot smaller.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 pm

cubace wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 pm
They have limited support for some hardware that more or less is the same as what they supported when yamaha bought steinberg. Lot of new functions have been added to cubase since then, and many are related to mixer functions than have NOT been added to the existing controllers.
Only because those manufacturers haven't added them. Other companies have, Nektar, for example.

cubace

Post by cubace » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 am

-steve- wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 pm
cubace wrote:
They have limited support for some hardware that more or less is the same as what they supported when yamaha bought steinberg. Lot of new functions have been added to cubase since then, and many are related to mixer functions than have NOT been added to the existing controllers.
Only because those manufacturers haven't added them. Other companies have, Nektar, for example.
You are right, and the manufacture for the drivers for MCU is steinberg, and they have not do their part. And I also understand that the manufactures does accept to do NDA's with yamaha/steineberg. A other example is CC121 which is made by yamaha/steinberg they have not done any proper updates of their functionality to match what is added to cubase. Add CMC's to that. Yamaha/Steinberg has failed on 3 out of 3 for their own and the most common used on the market. Go figure.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am

cubace wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 am
-steve- wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 pm
cubace wrote:
You are right, and the manufacture for the drivers for MCU is steinberg, and they have not do their part. And I also understand that the manufactures does accept to do NDA's with yamaha/steineberg. A other example is CC121 which is made by yamaha/steinberg they have not done any proper updates of their functionality to match what is added to cubase. Add CMC's to that. Yamaha/Steinberg has failed on 3 out of 3 for their own and the most common used on the market. Go figure.
That's your opinion, and you have a right to it, I guess. But I hope you don't take offense at my pointing out that there's no such thing as an MCU driver that SB manufactures. And as far as your wish that those products get added functions, personally, I don't expect products to get new features years after they're discontinued. I'm happy if they still work as designed, and the drivers are updated when needed.

I have 2 cmc-FDs, a TP and a QC, all doing what they are designed to do quite well, plus they're being used as custom controllers via Bome midi transformer. I'm curious to know if you own any of these devices?

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”