Swing/Quantize presets organizer

+1

+1

Also, maybe I’m missing something but are there are no creative swing presets that come with Cubase? For example the way Ableton has hip hop, mpc

+1 I like this idea (also with great swing presets like in Live).

You can download (or create from scratch) some (like on Goldbaby’s site for MPC60 groove templates)…and input em in Cubase…

+1 for organizing quantize presets by folders, category+search (long time request from me too)

+1 I would be happy if Q presets were dealt with in a similar way to PLE presets.

+1

Also the active quantize setting should be saved with the project. As it is the last one used stays active even when opening a different project where a different preset was used in its creation.

That’s what I do but I love how Live comes with a decent variety ready to go

Or Plug-In Manager?

Sure, but lighter. Like track preset browsers.

Just bumping this thread again… do these threads even get checked by Steinberg personnel anyways?

Well, for sure the groove quantize settings need some kind of organisation. Groove quantize is an immensely powerful tool and having easy and concise access to our own groove presets is def needed. As it stands, it’s a bit of a mess; an oversight even.

Would love some kind of feedback in this respect. Slightly sloppy playing is one thing for many. Quantizing it back into perfect time is another step. But taking that and applying groove in various ways, along with velocity can take parts to whole new levels.

Sort it out (please) Steinberg. Other than that, very much loving 9.5… the rest of the midi editing tools are insanely cool…

+1

+1

+1

This NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

and apparently its not for C10 … though it seems a so small request, I mean not a deep function, just a “folder” function :smiley: :laughing:

Funny part, look at how cubase Quantize menu looks here:

and that’s from 2016…
Why can’t I get my list to behave that way… :frowning:

wait…what? never saw this … Imma try this right now and see how it behaves in my C9.5

edit: No luck, it’s still a vertical list we cant even scroll with the mouse wheel … HOW ******* ANNOYING !!! At least on the video you linked you can see all your presets without scrolling, how can STEINBERG skip managing those lists??? Isn’t groove templates something used a lot in music making? Every DAWs are playing the “groove templete/ shuffle” card. With Cubase, 1-you gotta process them yourself (download or create, then list them one by one) 2-you gotta click that down arrow many times to see the list if you got more than 10 user quantize presets ???

DAMN Steinberg DO SOMETHING (and not a 99€ small update like that G.A.5) !!!

That’s interesting. I’ve always accessed the Quantize Presets from the drop-down menu in the Toolbar - which as we know shows them as a single long list. But in the video they’re accessing the Presets from the Inspector in the Key Editor which does indeed let you see them all at once. Too bad there is no Quantize Tab in the Project Window, just the editors.