Audio Dropouts.... HELP!!!

To read all of this make me so angry and disappointed at Steinberg.

This is clearly an Software issue from like version 8 and up. First of all I will tell you my story in short.

I’ve used cubase for about 10 years. From version 4 and up I’ve used their software without any issues what so ever. But from version 8 that drastically changed and everything became an nightmare. I have experienced everything from enormously crappy setup, to the need of performing windows register hacks to EVEN BE ABLE TO INSTALL the software in the first place because of the totally worthless GUI that seems to be developed in Cubase 8. The developers and the company should be ashamed for this GUI.

Now with my “sound dropout” issues. I have an powerful PC, i7 3.8ghz, 16gb RAM, Geforce GTX 750ti and a presonus firestudio project sound card. I’ve been able to run Cubase 5, 5.5 and 7.5 on this setup without ANY dropouts EVER. I’m using Propellerheads Reason for other music making and loading it with about 32-48 tracks without ANY issues what so ever. But from the Cubase version 8 I experience audio drop outs ALL THE TIME. This is totally worthless and if not a company as steinberg can take their customers and users seriously and FIX THIS ISSUE without complaining on all other reasons (windows versions, audio drivers, graphic drivers, storage drivers), I’ve heard it all. Then it’s time to LEAVE STEINBERG CUBASE and go for something that works. Cubase 8 is honestly a real crap product and I cant wait to go back go cubase 6 or just skip this totally and leave for Logic or likewise.

Im so so so angry after paid an expensive bill for a “state of the art” music software and cant even record 2 simple lines of guitar before it brake down all the time and I get audio drop outs. Don’t tell me that Im configuring the sound wrong, as stated above I’ve used their products for years without any issues and recorded 32 tracks with VST effects and recorded guitars, drums, bass and such without any issue.

I’m so done with this crap, it kills all motivation and inspiration!

1 Like