FX inserts giving no sound

Howdy,

I’ve been trying to insert fx on my channels, however no sound passes through them.
What I did find out is that the plugins DO work on my master channel bus. however the same plugin doesn’t seem to work on a channel.
I’ve made a new session, because I did a live recording in tracks live and them imported all of the tracks into cubase for a mixdown.

I hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong because I’m out of options myself.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi and welcome,

What plug-in is it? Is it 3rd party or native Cubase plug-in? Isn’t it in Demo/Trial mode?

Having the same problem. Pre-recorded audio, Stereo Channel inserts work fine. But when it comes to mono inserts only some of the VST’s work. Here is a list of whats working and not.

Working:
Eventide Anthology XI - VST 2.4
Eiosis - VST3 3.6.7
Melda - VST3 3.6.5
Plugin Alliance - VST3 3.6.0/3.6.7
Slate Digital (except verbsuite classics) VST3 3.6.6
Sound Toys - VST 2.4
Steinberg - Various
Voxengo - VST3 3.5.1

Non-Working:
D16 Group - VST 2.4
Solid State Logic - VST3 V 3.0.2
UAD - VST 2.4
Waves - VST3 V 3.0.2
Slate Digital Verbsuite Classics - VST 2.4

All plugins have the latest 64bit VST 2.4 or VST3 installers and this is a brand new install of Cubase 9.5.10 on a new Windows 10 machine. I have arranged a custom plugin list but have gone back to the default to test and no change. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and gone back to default preferences as well. Did not have this problem on the last computer which was Windows 7/Cubase 8.0.30. Also Installed Cubase 8.0.40 on the new machine and same issue. Kinda frustrated right now. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Perhaps I did miss a topic somewhere here but I can’t find anything.

Thanks,

Casey

i’m having the same issue in cubase 9.5 now… however I do have a session in which everything works. it includes the entire line of waves plugins that aren’t working.

I’ve noticed that the sample rate could possibly make a difference, I haven’t tested thoroughly yet but any session in 48K wont run the fx I listed above but in an 88.2 session I have no problems. This is true for both 8.0.40 and 9.5. I haven’t tested 44.1 yet to see if this problem follows. My main issue is I do a lot of post mixing for TV and need to be able to work in 48K so, just going with what works is not an option for me.

I’ll do more tests in the next week

-Casey

Thank you for the update. It would be really interesting to know, if it’s on Cubase or plug-in side (or in-between).

I’m happing the same issue here with Mac OS X 10.13.16 With Cubase 9.5.41 & Cubase 10.0.5…

any resolution regarding this issue?

And solution?