To Be Released Q1 2019 - Please add ARA integration

i just don’t see the issue sorry… it could be integrated like Logic is doing… it has it’s Flex pitch and ARA2 (we are just waiting on the melodyne update).

Of course ditching vari audio is not an option and Steinberg would NEVER do such a thing. I can pretty much guarantee you that right now, and i certainly do not have any insider knowledge, not by a long shot. I am simply that sure variaudio is here to stay.

Not to mention, the way you can have variaudio vocals follow chords, etc… this is all ingrained in Cubase.

But to also give the option of melodyne, why not? A user could choose… an open with melodyne option. If one is already using vari audio, the solution would be to revert to original file and open in melodyne, or render the vari audio file then open in melodyne. If you are saying it will be difficult to use them concurrently, then of course… i don’t think that will happen, to say stretch a note in vari audio and pitch the same one in melodyne in realtime. In fact, i am as certain that that will never happen as i am that vari audio will always exist in Cubase.

I hope people realise, even at version 4, melodyne’s pitch shift is not all that… it never ever was… Melodyne is great because it can do a lot of unusual things, but i have never been huge on the quality… to be honest i still prefer waves tune over it, for pitch and vibrato.

And i think the quality of vari audio is at least as good as melodyne.

But it would be great to be able to access polyphonic audio to midi DNA… which is why i think (just IMO) ARA would be a terrific addition to speed up workflow. In the meantime, it’s not killing me to capture audio via the melodyne plugin. It all works and never crashes.