PLUGINS too often Random and Missing

(Is there a way to do a screenshot in this forum? I could show exactly what seeing.)

BTW, WaveLab is NOT ignoring ALL of my VSTi’s… somehow (today), it is seeing/listing and ‘hosting’ my “Audio Modeling, Alto Sax”. LOL!! :slight_smile: It has never done that before. Then again, I DID install WaveLab 9.5.20 today… so, maybe that has something to do with that.

Here are a few of the MANY that load ‘faithfully’ into Cubase 9.5, that WaveLab (most of the time) ignores:

112 dB - Redline Preamp.dll (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\112dB)
Brainworx - bx_console G.vst3 (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3)
Waves - WaveShell2-VST 9.91_x64.dll (C:\Program Files\VstPlugins)
Voxengo - VoxengoPristineSpace.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
Waves - L316 Stereo.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
Waves - L3-LL Ultra Stereo.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
Nomad Factory - Retro Film-Tone.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Nomad Factory)
iZotope - iZOzone8VintageCompressor.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
iZotope - iZOzone8Exciter.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
Fiedler Audio - fiedler audio stage.vst3 (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3)
Eventide - H3000 Factory.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)
SPL - SPL De-Verb.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Plugin Alliance)
UVI - Rotaryx64.dll (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins)

For the record, under “Number of Plug-ins” there is the following data:

“VST-3 Plug-ins: 103
VST-2 Plug-ins: 145
Other Plug-ins: 8
Total: 256”

And I’ll reemphasize… that WaveLab is hit/miss in detecting and displaying what is actually included in the “Ignored Plug-ins” list. (It will vary from time to time, per some random number of initializations of WaveLab itself.) For example, I could set up some amazing effects chain, under the “MASTERSECTION”… only to later find that one of more of the plugins I used to construct that chain are no longer ‘available’ to complete the same.

I put in a formal technical request about this problem today. Hopefully, Steinberg will help me to organize my plugin folders or find a workaround. But my original thinking was, if Cubase 9.5 was fully capable of detecting and making available hundreds of plugins… then so should be WaveLab (especially since WaveLab is looking at the same exact ‘plugin’ directory that Cubase is utilizing).