Cubase 9.5.20 maintenance update

Looks good - many thanks for posting those; found a fellow ‘complainer’ - who’s sig says he’s on Win10, like me…

On Windows 10/64bit with Cubase Pro 9.5.2 still the same “issue”. :sunglasses:

Best regards from Germany.

Cubase 9.5.20 seems to have updated without problems. So Thx!

FLS max:
C9.5.1=80
C9.5.2=84
It’s a little better, but not resolved.

Thanks to all for the posts & pics regarding the peak meter fonts.

In 9.5 I use 24 channel sizing & am able to read the peaks. What number channel sizing are your pics at?
With the last several updates I had to zoom out to 15 or more & still could barely read the peak numbers.

Wish we could change those font colors for peaks. A brighter yellow or green would make much more sense than dark grey when relying on meter specific info!

FREEZE is still broken :frowning:

Works fine here. If this was a widespread issue you can bet that there would be a much bigger outcry, because that would make Cubase unusable for a lot of people.

Martin requested you to send him your crash logs in another thread. Did you do that? This is far less likely to get fixed without the cooperation of the few people having the issue.

Steinberg release a new update of Cubase the same day as Avid release a new update of Eucon…

Apart from the VCA Mute not working, does Cubase mix console state mirror onto Avid control surface yet?

Been quite a while now or is such basic functionality updates to control surfaces not considered maintainence or are Steinberg simply giving Avid surface users a very cold shoulder, maybe a very public divorce as they climb into bed with another brand controller?

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 8.27.11 PM.jpg
Is this because I have symbolic links on my main drive pointing to the content on my external drive and this installer can’t figure it out?

Logic X updates content to the external drive via a symbolic link no problems.

Cubase cannot do this?

My experience isn’t great to be honest.

Steinberg update crashed my MacBook Pro - so I downloaded the update manually instead.

• Insert slot truncation isn’t fixed in the lower zone
  • Media Bay folder order is half fixed, sub folders are still out of order, as are folders under ‘Favourites’ in the right zone
  • Cubase still hangs on quit most of the time, even with a completely blank project

The FLS limit has been increased in the 9.5.20 and there will be more improvements in the future updates. This is definitely on our list.

I have forwarded it to the team and they will a have look. What are the other issues you have mentioned?

If open a 9.5.10 project in 9.5.20 and the problem still exists please open the lower zone mix console, zoom the channel width to maximum, save the project, close and open Cubase again. When you then open the project it should be fine. If not, we will need more details about your system.

Suddenly… Import instrument/midi tracks from project won’t work in 9.5.20. Cubase 9.5.20 Import Instrument/Midi/Sampler tracks from Project won't work - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
All is well with this in the version 9.5.10.

That is on our list, but the fix didn’t make it into the 9.5.20. But it is scheduled for 9.5.30.

That’s good news & will be greatly appreciated. That’s the only issue I have that’s keeping me from upgrading.

Matthias would you please comment on this, because (i) given that it is really a bug and (ii) given that we are forced to wait three or even more months until this is fixed in an upcoming update, I guess there’s no other way for users like me, who use it on a regular basis, to revert to 9.5.10 or even worse, by employing the plain old way, that is utilizing the track archive. So please let us know. Thank you!

Hi Matthias

Thank you for increasing the FLS limit in 9.5.20. It does seem somewhat improved, but I am still running in to problems (even on projects that are not that large!!)

I would very much appreciate you please making this an issue of priority in future fixes and increasing it dramatically further.

Thank you.

Hello @ceemusic - I may be misreading things, but I don’t think Matthias Quellmann is talking about fixing the peak numbers (dark charcoal colour) at the bottom of the meters (which is what you were referring to, in your original post, yes…?). I think Matthias is responding to my post and images of the ‘strikethrough’ look of the numbers on the meters themselves, throughout the app, being fixed in a v9.5.30 update.

Apologies if I’m wrong and you meant both - peak number below and the numbers on the meters.! And, apologies if Matthias meant the same fix will cure both concerns…! :slight_smile:

(It is all my fault for turning it in to two issues.! Sorry.)

puma

I think you may be right! Hopefully they’ll consider fixing the dark unreadable peak fonts issue as well.