Cubase 9.0.40 maintenance update

Wow, no-one? I guess literally everyone else has already jumped to 9.5…

Any feedback? Is the 9.0.40 update safe to install? Any problems for the people that did install it?

Many thanks
JFR

No problems here (and none with .30 either before that)

Thanks

Hi !
Since updating to 9.0.40 now everytime i reopen a session with video it’s as to recalculate the thumbnail cache again!
it’s like when you close the session it does not save Vcahe

Thanks
JFR

Look at this:

There are no answers from support on this questions.
Guys! New update don’t fix this problem!!! What’s going on? I cant use cubase for mixing!! Steinberg, why are you not fixing it??

It’s being “fixed” in Cubase 9.5. Each free update for it is allowing you to load more and more plugins, and Cubase 9.5.20 can load more plugins than Cubase 9.

Steinberg can’t “fix” this because this is a Windows issue, by making these changes they can only allow you to load more plugins.

9.5 is not free actually.
Looks like you’re trying to sale me new 100$ update.
What does it means? more plugins. How much more? 5…10… 50…100?
Why steinberg can not cooperate with microsoft to solve this problem totally?
Why It’s being “fixed” in Cubase 9.0 ?

Why UAD don’t support cubase 9.x version?
Too much questions about it , time is going on , problems are not solving…

Each free update for Cubase 9.5. I never said that Cubase 9.5 was free. Please read more carefully.

Cubase 9.5 is 50 bucks, not 100.

This has been discussed to death already. It’s very unlikely that Microsoft will do anything about the plugin limit just because of DAWs.

Increasing the number of plugins that can be loaded requires changes to basically every single component in Cubase. That’s why they’re rolling it out slowly with each 9.5 update to make sure that nothing is broken in the process. It’s not practical to make these changes to Cubase 9 too, because there’s a big risk that it would become completely unstable.

UAD plugins work fine in any version of Cubase 9 or 9.5, you just have to use a reasonable number of completely different plugins. You can use the UAD 1176 in every track if you want, but if you use a different compressor and EQ in every track, you’re going to hit the .dll limit. It’s also bad mixing practice. :confused:

Yeah , It’s very unusable to aplly different plugins just because of this issue.
Thanks for answers, that issue only in Win 10? Can I install Win 8 for example to solve it?

AFAIK no it has been there from XP.

Where are the updates on 9.0 version? Cubase 9.0.40 still has unpleasant bugs.

Sorry, but this is the last update for Cubase 9. Which issues are you having?

I strongly suspect 9.0.40 will be the last update. However, from reading here it doesn’t look like 9.5.x is in a particularly good place either. I’m desperately waiting for some progress on this logged issue - [CAN-13042] Multi out instrument tracks still broken after disabling PLEASE RESPOND STEINBERG - Cubase - Steinberg Forums - but it’s all very very quiet. If something is integral to your workflow as the above issue is for me, no new features matter very much (unless in some way they supercede the buggy features).

Actually I’m more than happy to pay the upgrade for 9.5 if it fixes the bugs, but AFAIK it doesn’t. The moment its addressed, I’ll be showering Steinberg with cash again.

Did the way that select all (command-A) functions in the piano roll change? It now selects cc data as well as notes even when “auto-select controllers” is not selected. Is there a way to turn this off, so that select all just selects midi notes and not automation data?

I updated to 9.5.40 (twice) but when I open Cubase it still always reads 9.5.30! Is there a fix for this? :astonished:

This is NOT Cubase 9.5.40. It’s an update for Cubase 9.

I would have thought that when I click on something Cubase would be smart enough to know what meant to click on (or not), Cubase is stupid :exclamation: :unamused:

… OK, I’m the stupid one. :blush:

I would have thought that when I click on something Cubase would be smart enough to know what I meant to click on (or not), Cubase is stupid :exclamation: :unamused:

… OK, I’m the stupid one. :blush: