reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
wetstreet
Junior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Contact:

reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by wetstreet » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:48 pm

how many out here would be for bringing back support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?
I have an issue My 32 bit Halion 4 and 1st version Halionsonic Times out , probably due to it being 32 bit , ( yet unsolved ) , and also i have to load earlier versions of cubase to get 32 bit Plug ins to work , making it Tedious and extra work, why stop support for 32 Bit Plug ins , is it a sales thing or a technical issue ?? if so why ?? other DAWs support 32 bit plug ins ?? pls correct me if i am wrong .. point being , how many out here would like support for 32 bit plug in ? i am sure a small update should fix it ?? n make us old users happy ?? or keep an option for those who dont want it disable it in preferences ?? thankx ws

Romantique Tp
External Moderator
Posts: 2878
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Romantique Tp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm

If you need to use 32 bit plugins, just buy jBridge. Download the 1.75 beta.

Your issue has nothing to do with 32 bit plugins. If they were 32 bit, they obviously wouldn't show up in your plugin list or load at all, not "timeout" (not sure what you mean by that).

Make sure that you have the latest versions installed:
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id= ... lion_4&L=1
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id= ... _sonic&L=1 (download both the content and plugin updates)

But I would recommend upgrading to Halion 6 if you can afford it. It includes a ton of new stuff is much more stable and more compatible with modern operating systems. You'll get Halion Sonic 3 for free with it.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

User avatar
planarchist
Senior Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:50 am
Location: UK.
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by planarchist » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm

It won’t happen. 32bit plugins were removed to aid stability and as a result we have the most stable Cubase yet (for most).

As Romantique says, use jBridge and you can bridge most old 32 bit ones if you really need to.
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

In_Stereo
Senior Member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by In_Stereo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:32 pm

This will never happen, I guarantee it. Yes, there is a technical reason for it, and from what I understand Cubase is much more stable being all 64-bit with plugins. Once I went 64-bit I never looked back, and I recommend upgrading all 32-bit plugins to more modern versions, and then use something like jBridge (there are some others out there, too) for those that are old that you absolutely need. This works great for the one 32-bit plugin I just can't live without. :-)
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

GiovanniB
Junior Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by GiovanniB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:47 pm

I couldn't care less about 32-bit plugins.

wetstreet
Junior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by wetstreet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks , all above , so far nothing is quite so stable for me .. time out means , only Halion 4 and halionsonic 1 st version , starts up and after 15 minutes , never produces any sounds , though u see the midi triggering it , C 9.5 Pro unstable , suddenly the sounds hangs , like a midi reset required , but dont stop the sound ..Ctr+alt+ delet does.. n only once allowed me to save the project , that was nice , but now have to log out ..
if i upgrade , to Halion 6 , how do i get Halion sonic 3 free ?? the fulll version or just the sound banks , ( i lost out on the 50 % off, would be nice 2 get it again ??? when ?? ) n what happens to the halionsonic 1st version .. can steinberg compile both n give me the Halion 6 upgrade ?? the i could consider ?? and how much does the jbridge cost ?? or the beta version ?? how long does it last ?? would that not interfere with the stability of Cubase ?? n thankx guys for all the inputs .. appreciate it ..

User avatar
planarchist
Senior Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:50 am
Location: UK.
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by planarchist » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Halion Sonic latest version (3) comes with Halion 6 so if you upgrade to Halion 6 you'll get that.

I don't know exactly how much jBridge costs, Google is your friend but it's not much. Try the demo version first to see if it meets your needs. It does not interfere with the stability of Cubase and the guy who creates it is very good at interaction if you have problems with it and specific plugins.
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

JClosed
Junior Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by JClosed » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:27 am

jBridge is €14.99, so it's very cheap. I use it for those few plug-ins that will never be updated to 64 bit. Apart from these few plug-ins, I am fully switched to 64-bit only.

However - I can fully endorse planarchist here. It certainly is worth to upgrade to HALion 6. It's a real beast, and I have loads of fun programming my own stuff in it. If you can replace HALion Sonic 1 by HALion Sonic 3 in your older projects is something you have to try out for yourself. A word of advice - Always make a backup of those older projects (preferably on a separate device, like an external hard disk), so you can experiment without fear you wreck something important.

wetstreet
Junior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by wetstreet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm

thankx Guys

TNM
Junior Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by TNM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:31 pm

i ended up buying 32 lives on mac for my refx stuff.. all work perfectly.. I'm even hunting down a powercore firewire as apparently they all wrap perfectly too. Unlike j bridge, they open within the host instead of a separate process, so if they crash so does the daw.. don't know what i prefer.. j bridge is very good and worth having for many reasons, even to bridge 64 bit to 64 bit plugins... I own that one too.. worthy dev to support for 15 euros.
Macbook Pro 2019 model, i9-9880H (2.3ghz base) 8 Core/16 thread, 32GB Ram, 2TB SSD, OS 10.14.6, Caldigit TS3+ Dock, Vega 20, Tbolt Apollo Twin Duo,CB Pro 9.5.3, Multiple T Bolt SSD's, Motu microlite, midi synths.

chris995
Junior Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by chris995 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 pm

jdbridge doesnt support old steinberg plugins (most important ones)

[mod edit: please do not post in all caps, and don't hijack posts with OT content]

Romantique Tp
External Moderator
Posts: 2878
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Romantique Tp » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Only the Cubase SX (2003~) era stock plugins don't work. Almost nobody used those seriously.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

wetstreet
Junior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by wetstreet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 am

planarchist wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am
Halion Sonic latest version (3) comes with Halion 6 so if you upgrade to Halion 6 you'll get that.

I don't know exactly how much jBridge costs, Google is your friend but it's not much. Try the demo version first to see if it meets your needs. It does not interfere with the stability of Cubase and the guy who creates it is very good at interaction if you have problems with it and specific plugins.
HI ," Halion Sonic latest version (3) comes with Halion 6 so if you upgrade to Halion 6 you'll get that." , pls can u send me a link for the upgrade along with the free Halionsonic 3 ?? or is it just the free halionsonic 3 SE ?? and can i add up the Halionsonic ver 1 along with the Halion 4 , It was 4.5 but that .5 vanished some how!!!! i have ) and compile the upgrades together so get a better rate ?? is so where do i contact Steinberg ?? n thankx for all the above .. ws
Last edited by wetstreet on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator
Posts: 2878
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am

You can upgrade from Halion 4 here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_p ... ion-6.html

The Halion 6 download will also include Halion Sonic 3 for free, just like Halion 4 came with Halion Sonic 1.

The link to the Halion 4.5 update is right there in the first reply to this thread. Of course you don't need to install it if you plan to buy the Halion 6 upgrade, since it will install on top of Halion 4.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

wetstreet
Junior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by wetstreet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm

chris995 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 pm
jdbridge doesnt support old steinberg plugins (most important ones)
does that mean Jbridge will not support Xphrase ??? I never used older SX 1 n 2 Vsti seriously ..
any way i am trying to buy xphrase , anyone here selling ?? if so pls PM , would appreciate ur advice .. n thanks ws
Last edited by wetstreet on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
planarchist
Senior Member
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:50 am
Location: UK.
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by planarchist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:36 pm

wetstreet wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm
does that mean Jbridge will not support Xphrase ??? I never used older SX 1 n 2 Vsti seriously ..
Some of the earlier Steinberg plugins required the original host program that they came with to work. If xPhraze was a standalone plugin then this will not be affected by this issue.
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

User avatar
shagazulu
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24 am
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by shagazulu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm

ending 32-bit support rendered my UAD1 PCI card entirely useless... even using jBridge (there's some weird memory issue).
I'm not buying the "Cubase is more stable" argument... but it sure does make a decent Steinberg excuse.
For every new breakthrough like 64-bit... and 128-bit... and whatever else is coming... we are going to face this same problem - old hardware becoming obsolete far too quickly... but, wow... a guitar is a guitar and will likely work for decades. I miss those days.
The only reason there isn't an outcry from the community for continued 32-bit support in Cubase... is BECAUSE of jBridge.
These companies want you to upgrade. Period. And we are well beyond the point where upgrading is actually necessary to make music. And for me, a GREAT distraction. I suppose I should call that MY mistake.
OK, my mistake. I guess.
I want my UAD1 card back...
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

thomas.crossley
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by thomas.crossley » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 pm

TNM wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:31 pm
i ended up buying 32 lives on mac for my refx stuff.. all work perfectly.. I'm even hunting down a powercore firewire as apparently they all wrap perfectly too. Unlike j bridge, they open within the host instead of a separate process, so if they crash so does the daw.. don't know what i prefer.. j bridge is very good and worth having for many reasons, even to bridge 64 bit to 64 bit plugins... I own that one too.. worthy dev to support for 15 euros.
32lives does wrap the PoCo plugins perfectly, some of the TC plugins i just cant be without. If you can find one make sure it has plenty of the licenses on board as you can no longer buy or transfer them, support ended Dec 2017,
Mac Mini 2.6Ghz Intel Core I7 | 16Gb Ram | OSX 10.8.4 | Cubase 7.5.1 | TC Powercore Firewire | Access Virus Ti Snow | Access Virus C Desktop | Novation K-Station | Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard | TC Electronic SK48 | Logic Pro 9.1.8

Romantique Tp
External Moderator
Posts: 2878
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 pm

shagazulu wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm
ending 32-bit support rendered my UAD1 PCI card entirely useless... even using jBridge (there's some weird memory issue).
I'm not buying the "Cubase is more stable" argument... but it sure does make a decent Steinberg excuse.
For every new breakthrough like 64-bit... and 128-bit... and whatever else is coming... we are going to face this same problem - old hardware becoming obsolete far too quickly... but, wow... a guitar is a guitar and will likely work for decades. I miss those days.
The only reason there isn't an outcry from the community for continued 32-bit support in Cubase... is BECAUSE of jBridge.
These companies want you to upgrade. Period. And we are well beyond the point where upgrading is actually necessary to make music. And for me, a GREAT distraction. I suppose I should call that MY mistake.
OK, my mistake. I guess.
I want my UAD1 card back...
64 bit DAWs were first widely adopted over 10 years ago, and the UAD2 platform is equally as old. UAD1 is almost 20 years old now, so please don't say that hardware is becoming obsolete too quickly because that's not true at all. Even if you bought a UAD1 card just before UAD2 was released you still had forever to upgrade.

Don't want to buy an UAD2 card? Well, don't worry because there are dozens of better native emulations of basically everything UAD1 did, sometimes better than even the UAD2 versions. TrackComp has all of the usual suspects and is less than 100 bucks.

64 bit isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Do a little reading on this stuff and you'll realize that there wont be any need for a 128 bit DAW in the next 100 years because you can already address absurd amounts of memory with 64 bit.
wetstreet wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm
does that mean Jbridge will not support Xphrase ??? I never used older SX 1 n 2 Vsti seriously ..
Xphrase works with jBridge.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

User avatar
shagazulu
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24 am
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by shagazulu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm

10 years is a long time to you? OK...
I don't have to upgrade my guitar. I don't have to upgrade my keyboard. I didn't have to upgrade my 8-track machine. UNTIL these things wear out.
The digital world, however, is something different, and companies do enjoy the benefits of it aging quickly. Known fact.
Won't be any need for a 128-bit DAW for 100 years? When do you suppose Steinberg will drop support for 64-bit plugins?
Keeping the 32-bit VSTBridge, I believe, should have been an option. Reaper supports 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit DAW. Who else?
Again, I'm willing to take full responsibility for the error of upgrading, or not switching DAWs... But hey, that's not my point. They won. They'll likely beat me again in 10 years.
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

User avatar
Denis van der Velde
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:41 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Denis van der Velde » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 pm

I have Jbrigde and it does the job, but can also make a 32bit plugin just crash. The drop of 32 Bit plugins is still a jawbreaker, because there was no need to do so. Programming wise everything was there, but steinberg just dropped it. To me a shame, because it means software is getting old fast. And that is not the same as analog app. But it is like a turn of a switch and 32bit can be back in Cubase 9.5. Still Jbridge works, but can crash the sytsem, cubase and most times crash the plugin. So it is not failsafe. The same goes for the VSTwrapper of Cubase before 9. But it does not mean they had to completly drop it. They could have made it at least an option...
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 9115
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by -steve- » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 pm

shagazulu wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm
10 years is a long time to you? OK...
I don't have to upgrade my guitar. I don't have to upgrade my keyboard. I didn't have to upgrade my 8-track machine. UNTIL these things wear out.
The digital world, however, is something different, and companies do enjoy the benefits of it aging quickly. Known fact.
Won't be any need for a 128-bit DAW for 100 years? When do you suppose Steinberg will drop support for 64-bit plugins?
Keeping the 32-bit VSTBridge, I believe, should have been an option. Reaper supports 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit DAW. Who else?
Again, I'm willing to take full responsibility for the error of upgrading, or not switching DAWs... But hey, that's not my point. They won. They'll likely beat me again in 10 years.
Indeed. You should have not ever upgraded your system ever. :) :lol:
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

User avatar
Mrhehon
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Valencia Spain.
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Mrhehon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 am

I´m really not getting the argument here. If the 32bit plug-ins are more important to you than a stable 64bit only system (and it is a lot more stable) than don´t upgrade to a 64bit only version. You have the choice to not upgrade.
Cubase 8.5 with it´s 32 bit support still works fine and will even work alongside Cubase 9.5,
Should I be complaining because Steinberg stopped supporting my Atari ST.
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

Romantique Tp
External Moderator
Posts: 2878
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 am

shagazulu wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm
10 years is a long time to you? OK...
I don't have to upgrade my guitar. I don't have to upgrade my keyboard. I didn't have to upgrade my 8-track machine. UNTIL these things wear out.
The digital world, however, is something different, and companies do enjoy the benefits of it aging quickly. Known fact.
Won't be any need for a 128-bit DAW for 100 years? When do you suppose Steinberg will drop support for 64-bit plugins?
Keeping the 32-bit VSTBridge, I believe, should have been an option. Reaper supports 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit DAW. Who else?
Again, I'm willing to take full responsibility for the error of upgrading, or not switching DAWs... But hey, that's not my point. They won. They'll likely beat me again in 10 years.
Due to technical limitations, current CPUs can only address 256 Terabytes of RAM.

This is over 333 times bigger than Junkie XL's huge 1000+ track orchestral template, which he only needs 768 GB for.
https://www.facebook.com/junkiexl/photo ... 646631668/

Once these technical limitations are overcome, 64 bit DAWs will have access to a maximum of 18 Exabytes of RAM. That's 18 000 000 000 GBs. Eighteen billion Gigabytes. You could probably load every single sample library ever made entirely into RAM and still have billions of GBs left.

Removing 32 bit plugin support was done for stability, period. This is a sacrifice that they decided to take knowing that it would drive away a few users. I don't know how you got the ABSURD idea that Steinberg is benefiting from this financially in any way. That's pure blind cynicism.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

User avatar
shagazulu
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24 am
Contact:

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by shagazulu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 am

And yet Reaper is stable.
Steinberg is benefitting financially by not having to support 32-bit plugins. Not an absurd thought.
My point is, they could have kept it as an option and I would have a piece of good hardware that I could still be using WHILE staying a lifelong and loyal Steinberg customer.
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

Locked

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests